Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Purchased Reason 4 today

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 23:45
I am elated--- walking on air, because I'm excited to dig into Reason 4 after work today. I am going to Vancouver today and picking up Reason 4, and I'm excited to start working with it again. I haven't used Reason since version 1, and I'm fascinated with the new features (the Arpeggiator kicks ass, and Thor is perhaps the most powerful software synth in the universe).

Well, does anyone else use Reason 4?

Thank you to Lucifer for the awesome FL Studio tutorials. I will be using FL Studio as well, but Reason will be my primary focus. I have written a *lot* of songs with Reason 1 and so far it's my favourite piece of music software.

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 00:01
Oh, you'll be having a ball with the Thor synth. People say men can't have multiple orgasms. Well, they just got proved wrong.

I use Reason, but I started with version 3.0 so I don't have as much experience as you might have.

Have fun, and please post you marvels here for us to enjoy and maybe learn from.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 05:56
I love Reason 3, it gives my life meaning. I've used 4 once, but I haven't gotten around to using it full out but will take the time to part with 3 eventually. What do you think of it so far Jeku?

Why make sense when you could make brownies?
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 12:38
So, no update yet. How is everything, Jeku?

Satisfied? Confused? Hungry? Made anything?

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 19:52 Edited at: 8th Apr 2008 19:52
Have fun using reason Jeku i hope you're not giving up on fl completely though

Stuff that has something to do with other stuff... that usually leads to more stuff..
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 23:49 Edited at: 10th Apr 2008 23:52
Well I've been watching a lot of tutorial movies from DVDs and the internet, and I bought two books for the software. I've only been lightly messing around with it but with just a few hours of tutorials I can already see a lot of great tips and shortcuts that I never knew. I've found a strength in playing almost all my instruments, including drums, manually with my MIDI keyboard then using quantization to fix the sloppiness. It makes my pieces sound more "human" by having realistic velocities.

I signed up for a month subscription to Groovebox which has a vast collection of tutorial movies for different software including Logic, Reason 4 and FL Studio, so I'll take another shot at using FL Studio later. After all, I have that East West Symphony pack Lucifer told me about, and of course I bought Sytrus and have barely touched it As far as I know you can't add VST plug-ins to Reason, so I can't use them.

That being said, I discovered that Propellerhead (makers of Reason) have released ReBirth, arguably the very first software synthesizer, absolutely free of charge. I used to use ReBirth religiously back in high school around '96-97, and you can wire a ReBirth device into Reason using Rewire, so I'll be using that tool as well.

For Reason I picked up a few Refill packs including NES Fills which allows you to make music that sounds like it came from the NES.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
jeku, when are you going to let us hear some music you've made?

Stuff that has something to do with other stuff... that usually leads to more stuff..
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 07:23 Edited at: 20th Apr 2008 07:25
Well I've been working lots of overtime at work, so I haven't had a lot of time to invest in music. I did start a nice song up last week that is still heavily, heavily a work in progress. This sample is really small--- just experimenting with different kinds of instruments and the awesome Arpeggiator tool:

http://www.jeku.com/audio/mp3/Opening.mp3

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
sounds very good jeku i'm looking forward to hearing it when you finish it.

Your signature has not been erased by a mod...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:07:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:07:49