Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] A public apology...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 02:47 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 02:49
To whom it may concern,
Over the past 1 1/2 years I've been here, I have had a bad reputation for making and never finishing multiple projects. I personally think that all of that should change, start again, be reset like a video game.

I ask kindly of the FPSC moderators to please delete all of my old threads on these boards, I think my past history should no longer reside on the Internet. All of my threads, from past to present, should be deleted. I don't know why, but I just want to start off with a clean slate. That being said, I have been told countless times that I am a disgrace to the community. Surprisingly, I am now beginng to see my past. I am wiling to take back what I have wronged, and I am sure that the mods will assist me with the old AI's bags. I am beginning to think that I am not welcome here anymore; in the start, I was generously accepted to post here, now I feel as I should've been banned...no point in doing that now.

And so, I apologize to those who have flamed me and for arrogantly shunning the Showcase board, but nevertheless I thank those who have, and still do, respect me. Mods, I grant you permission to lock this thread for digestion, but please don't noob-slap me; for all I've been through, I deserve a medal. I still leave the memories of my past, which will not be forgotten. I am not leaving, just wanting to restart this game of cat-and-mouse.
~AmericanInfantry

Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 02:50
Very well said.

I guess now the only thing to say is...

"Welcome to the forums...again."

Did you forget your stupid pills this morning?
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 02:51
Thank you, I was half expecting a Youtube video of an audience applauding...

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 03:26 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 03:27
What you have just done is extremely difficult to do and shows a lot of character. TGC is one of the most difficult boards I have seen as far as participation and it is easy to just want to throw up ones hands and say forget it; which I had done for awhile. Recently I have been posting more and am also now able to just ignore everyone else unless they have something very constructive to say or contribute.

Right now I am a frustrated game developer because I didn't start doing this until several years after my retirement (I retired young so not that old yet). But still, I am feeling the hands of time baring down on me. I started one game that I basically had finished with 12 levels and when I started to tweak them my house of cards came tumbling down with some severe problems with FPSC and I couldn't for awhile thought I had lost everything because everything was testing and compiling with different textures. For example the grass would be blood splats instead of grass texture. This project took me over a year to do almost full time. Anyway, I think I finally have FPSC under control without it getting severely corrupted like that. I started another game, and now I have several game ideas rolling around in my head and I'm not sure what to do. I actually have started two more games as well, so, I definitely know the issues revolving around not finishing a project.

I hope I can take my own advice and finally come to a decision and then stick with it. It has been for this reason I've been reluctant to post my WIP. At least that probably was one of my few good decisions.

When I first started here, I did see quite a bit of your posts and was wondering where you were. But life has a way of crowding in on one and changes are inevitable.

All the best to you AI.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 03:28
Thank you, Flatlander. Hope to see your WIP soon.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 03:40
As they say "don't sweat the small stuff".
So you never get a game done, more then some that never start.

bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 04:03
glad that u are going to start all over AI, please actually start over. dont become the same project dropping AI that u used to be.

therapy has taught me not to talk to men with needles
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 04:12 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 04:12
The old AI is dead (12/19/2006-4/3/2008)

New AI is alive, though (4/3/2008- )

Yep, the new AI's grave marker's there already...
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 04:30 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 04:30
Why dont you just combine all the parts of games you made into one big game, put some story in to connect them, thats your game, end of problem.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivitastudios.com/
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 04:40
Dont worry AI,
nobody probably even knows what you did heehee.
But really I admire what you did there.
Just make sure you follow through and everything should be fine.
As far as deleting all your old threads I dont think the mods will do that one. Just because it will mess other peoples post counts up.

Well I look forward to seeing you around.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 04:44
AI,
You overreact.Who cares if you never finish a game (as long as you quit annoncing them... )?
The whole point is to have fun.That's what games are all about...

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:25:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:25:07