Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Issues with LuaGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was working on a port of darkGDK to lua, but I've run into an extremely odd problem. For those of you who don't know how lua works in calling C++ functions, you basically just tell lua to call the function via a few registering commands in which you'll specify what the arguments translate to and what are the return values and such. But anyways, on to the problem.

I converted the terrain example to lua, with one problem. The camera is seriously messed up. Though it VISUALLY looks like you're facing a certain direction the camera will not MOVE in the direction you are looking! It will only move in 4 directions, the closest one to where you're actually looking. I can't even imagine what could create this problem. Here is the err, lua code.

It's pretty much identical to the original code, except in lua syntax (Think is the main loop, and Initialize is anything before that.) I took out the show FPS function because I hadn't added the FPS function in yet, I doubt that is what's causing this though.

Please excuse wall of text.
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 02:20
I'm not sure, but this happens a lot with Lua...

I don't need an oven to make my cookies.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 22:39
you know you can make your own scripting engine and be done with it... I know its not easy, but depending how complex you plan to get, it might be easier than taking on the LUA goliath.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:23:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:23:23