Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Collision objects boundries don't rotate...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was trying to make a corral with spheres that sorta floated around and bounced off the 4 walls. My original design of the corral walls used 3 copies of one stretched cube and the perpendicular copies where rotated. When I rotate a wall it seems like the collision data doesn't move with the rotation (the balls would pass through walls and hit in mid air, where the wall would have been had it not been rotated) so I had to change the length of the walls perpendicular to the original wall. That works but this brings up a problem for my future development. How can I make the collision of the objects rotate with the object? Is this a bug or something?

I've also tried the dbRollObjectLeft..Right functions.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 03:25
Need more info. What Collision? DarkGDK Stock? Sparkys? you have any code we can examine? A Picture? What Operating system? Vista? XP? Mac with Emulator? Linux with Emulator? What video Card?

NEED MORE INFO (At least a code snippet... screenie's are always good too... with little markup ..like arrows.. "Problem here" etc)

MayoZebraHat 1979
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, then obviously it's not a common problem, if I have to describe in detail... my mistake.

Just using the normal collisions in DGDK. Not that I know what I'm doing since I don't normally try to find tutorials until something doesn't work or I don't understand it. So I could be doing everything wrong.

Note where I've commented out the rotation. The positioning isn't set up for rotated boxes so this version of the code works as I want with the scale changed not the rotation. If I use rotation like dbZRotateObject(1003, 90.0); The collision box doesn't move and objects tend to bounce off where the object would be if it had not been rotated.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:33:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:33:28