Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / first demo hello world does not link/compile

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am following the directions of your first program in visual c++ and getting the messages:
Compiling...
Main.cpp
c:\documents and settings\ricky\my documents\visual studio 2008\projects\hello\hello\main.cpp(14) : error C3861: 'dbSyncOn': identifier not found

same for 'dbSyncRate', 'LoopGDK': , 'dbSync'

ok, what do I have to set that the install didn't. i repaired the Dark GDK but that didnt help
Cladius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 11:40
I believe you put dbSyncOn, instead of dbSyncOn(). Because the compiler thinks it's an identifier.
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 12:48
I think your install is okay, but...you have an extra level of hello folders in there. Somehow, you've changed the directory that the source is in, but not the GDK include files. Look at the folder
c:\documents and settings\ricky\my documents\visual studio 2008\projects\hello
That is supposed to be the project directory, not
c:\documents and settings\ricky\my documents\visual studio 2008\projects\hello\hello

Since the compiler cannot find the include file, it does not know about those function names. 'Identifier not found' almost always ends up referring to a missing include file.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:23:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:23:39