Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / What license do I need

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 20:21
I was talking to a customer who want to have som 3D in his program later and then I got a very good question:

What license do I need?

He pays me to insert 3D in his program. He is in a group with some members who pays him (who pays me). These members are giving the program away for free to their customers.

Do we need to buy the commercial license for this?

Niels Henriksen
Working on a (MMO)RPG right now in LightEngine (thanks kBessa): www.tales-of-the-realms.com
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 01:09
I don't see how paying for development LABOR time is the same thing but perhaps TGC will have a different point of view.

Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 06:02
@jason - thats excately why I ask it

Niels Henriksen
Working on a (MMO)RPG right now in LightEngine (thanks kBessa): www.tales-of-the-realms.com
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 06:58
You cannot provide static libraries in any case. That goes for Microsoft static libraries, as well. The person compiling the application must have a license to do so. (That is the product, in fact...the static libraries and include files.)

I have seen it done, but its illegal.

The static libraries are the product in the case of GDK, and also most of the product in the case of MSVC++ libraries.

The static libraries are those with the extension .lib
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 13:36 Edited at: 8th Apr 2008 13:45
I don't know about that. Neil - Post the question directly to TGC with thier support feed back thing - just to get it from the horses mouth.

[edit] What difference does the statics make? Anyone can download those. Its the Final EXE - does it get SOLD or Given Away? That is the question I think.[/edit]

jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 19:06
Where do I go to download the static link libraries for Windows, or MSVC++?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:33:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:33:37