Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / dynamic lights on later than 1.04 versions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I had a problem when upgrading to any of those versions from 1.04:
1.06, 1.07, 1.08. The problem is basically the same, with just some slightly different behaviour.

In short, all my dynamic lights (into the level I created and saved using 1.04) ceased to work properly during the test. Some were missing, some where shorter ranged, and none of them was activated by a script (I had a flickering light, and some switch activated ones). I've already tried to re-save the level with the newer upgrades, and then re-test it, but it didn't help. And I also tried to add some new dynamic lights and they worked just some times and some other they didn't. And the same happens with some of the older d-lights.

Another problem was that the alternate texture of some models, when I switched to it, just didn't show, leaving the model all black.

Everything worked just fine before upgrading, and everything began to work again when I uninstalled the upgrades and reinstalled the 1.04. Except that some character models shown untextured (grey colured) if I didn't specify the primary texture in the character options (which, anyway, already was the right one even before specifying it). This is odd, too.

Of course I could just continue to use the 1.04 version, but unluckily when I installed the 1.08 upgrade I discovered that it can't be uninstalled and I'm not sure if I want to try to install the 1.04 over it. And I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the whole program to see if then the upgrades would work, cause I've moved and changed a lot of files from entitybank, meshbank, texturebank etc. and installed a lot of free stuff and add-ons and my level isn't going to work if I don't save them before and place them at the same path they were, which would take me days of work.

Please help me, or tell me if anyone's had the same problem.

P.S. If I'm not terribly mistaken, since I'm not exactly a dork, there's not going to be an easy way to solve this problem. So take it seriously, please.

Thanks in advance.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 18:19
I, and many others, have had issues when using existing levels after upgrading to a newer version. It only make sense that the newer version will not display/run/execute your game made in a previous version in exactly the same way. After all, changes and enhancements were made to the engine in the way that it executes the program.

If you are working on a game that you consider important enough to finish, then I suggest you finish the game in the current engine version before upgrading the program.

Installing a previous version over 1.08 should revert the program back to it's previous state, but if not, delete the FPSC-Game.exe file from the FPS Creator directory and run the 1.04 installer again.

Best.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 18:25
Best to stick to v.107 if you want a stable version of fpsc.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:24:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:24:22