Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Cannot Find file "DarkGDK.h"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i just installed visual studio professional on a computer, and then i installed darkGDK, and then the newest DirectX from Microsoft. I open up one of the 3D templates that show up after installing darkGDK, and i get this compile error

i have tried these variations of the include

after tiring all those i get those the same problem. but i have a .exe file from when i compiled it at my house, and it runs fine, like it can find the header file. is there some thing i have to do to get VC2008 to find the header file.
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 21:32 Edited at: 10th Apr 2008 09:21
When running that wizard, you should not try to specify a folder in addition to naming the project. The wizard makes a folder with the project name already, and it has probably put the 'darkgdk.h' include file one folder up from where you wanted it.

There are a few ways to fix it, but your variations all need to have the .h extension, as the file you are including has it. That business of include files without extensions only applies to C++ library include files in MSVC++.

Since you are compiling from such a specific non-standard folder, and assuming that you are doing so with good reason, why not just move the file from gdk to gdk/gdk? You could also try this:
#include "../darkgdk.h"
Assuming it is there. It might be a good idea to verify that it is in the folder "e:/c++/gdk", which is where I suspect it was placed by the wizard.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:26:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:26:57