Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, we need to come up with a code for fpsc that allows 256x256 instead of 40x40.

I will work on it with you to get it in game.

Create build.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 12:04
Unfortunately, that would require an alteration of the FPSC Editor.

And, we don't have the source to that.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 12:49
Well if you play darkfaction, then you will see how its done.

(Search for it!!!)
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 14:46
DarkFaction? That used 40*40, didn't it?

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 15:02
Dont know what you mean by that, but.
Darkfaction had its own launcher so that all missons were given a unquie code that allowed the user to pass on througout the game, this code was given out at the end of every level by having a big sign saying: Misson ? Code: ??????????.

This allowed the user to keep the codes, it was orignal a save funtion, because at the time FPSC had no Save/Load.
So dave created that little programe to save the game via codes, its realy good, I suggest you use Visual basic or somthing to code it, it can come handy for people around here, especialy them that are trying to make a time crisis clone or somthing.

-Nathan.
Astro Chickster
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 17:03
I saw that darkfaction and it looks SOOO good, but i know fpsc couldn't generate that many polys without any lag, it was obviously edited in Darkbasic Pro.

Married with 2 kids... God am I tired!
Josh_sg1
Years of Service
User Offline
If I hired a programmer do you think he could make the game able to support 20,000 poly models?

Create build.
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
wow that is really big step so get out the dough and hope somone helps you (not me please)

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 03:15
For FPSC to support that high of a poly count PER model, it would require some massive optimization to engine just to free up some processing power to handle it all.

It's not that you CAN'T use those kind of models, it's that those models wouldn't allow the engine to run very well.

With that said, you'd have to dish out quite a bit of money to make the programmer feel like it's worth his time and effort.

As a guideline... I got paid $300+ for an 8 hour source job. This kind of thing might take weeks or months to do.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 04:32
Find a different engine.

Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 10:55
most proffesional programmers dont know DBPRO i think

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 13:58
Quote: "Dont know what you mean by that, but.
Darkfaction had its own launcher so that all missons were given a unquie code that allowed the user to pass on througout the game, this code was given out at the end of every level by having a big sign saying: Misson ? Code: ??????????.

This allowed the user to keep the codes, it was orignal a save funtion, because at the time FPSC had no Save/Load.
So dave created that little programe to save the game via codes, its realy good, I suggest you use Visual basic or somthing to code it, it can come handy for people around here, especialy them that are trying to make a time crisis clone or somthing.

-Nathan. "

Uhm, sorry.
I think I have you all confused, because I thought it was a level code, not resizing the grid
Sorry guys.

-Nathan
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 16:08
They probably use Torque, Unreal, or any other programming engine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:24:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:24:24