Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / End game movie?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 14:16
Now that we have a thread discussing the life of cut scenes I actually have an FPSC related question about them

Is it possible to insert an end game movie? I have some objectives in my level (kill five NPCs in the last room) and when they are completed I want to play a movie and then end the game. Story zones don't work for this since they activate only when stepped on (correct me if there is a workaround on it).
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 16:24
Btw. I tried with the following script (kill several enemies to open a remote door) but it didn't work for me: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=109868&b=23 My idea was to open the door when the objectives had been killed and let a story zone be the last objective. Door won't open, so no luck with that.

Back to square one I guess: How can you make FPSC play a movie when the game ends?
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 22:00
Well, I've tried it with the player stepping on a story zone with a win zone right on it. The player would step into the story zone, the movie would play first. And then it goes back ingame for a second and fades out.

I've tried that with level to level cutscenes. I don't know if it would work with the end of the game. Try it.

My first animated Gif. Made in GIMP 2.
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 22:06
The problem with playing a movie when you kill an enemy is that the player is usually still madly clicking away at the mouse, just in case the enemy isn't really dead yet, and it skips the cutscene.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 04:06
Luke314pi is right. But maybe if you give a player a Super shotgun that can kill with one shot that might solve your problem (for some people) other sick people might just stand their for 10 minutes shooting a dead corpse and pressing the crouch button over the dead enemy's face rapidly (T bagging the corpse) maybe a word of that helped

ThanX
Punk13
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 08:56
Good ideas guys! I will try out the combinations of shotguns and win zones with the story zone.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 09:40
Ummm... if you don't want the storyzone to go back to the game and just fade to black... then how about making the storyzone script display a full-screen black HUD?

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 17:30
I got it working by making the script from my second post work. The problem was the door I was using. Even though it was remote I needed a different one.

Now my final movie plays when I walk into the last room. At the same time the story zone is set as the first and only objective thereby ending the game.

You can check out the result here.
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 22:08
Luke314pi is right. But maybe if you give a player a Super shotgun that can kill with one shot that might solve your problem (for some people) other sick people might just stand their for 10 minutes shooting a dead corpse and pressing the crouch button over the dead enemy's face rapidly (T bagging the corpse) maybe a word of that helped

Sounds like me a FPS game is not good with out tea bagging
an shooting the dead body Is my thing
so that wont work

What i did to get a story in game was make a script that started the story the it waits for the L key to be pressed to exit the story but they wont know what key to hit till the story it over the it tells the player to hit the key

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:29:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:29:25