Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Cutting segments like in ButterCutter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay. First hello to everybody.

I downloaded the Segment editor from fpscreator site. I watched the video tutorials, but I cannot do what I would like.

How can I cut a hole in a segment (a wall) with a door? I mean I would like an empty hole which looks like if there is a door but not.

I watched Buttercutter site and really would like something like this.

Sorry for my english. Plz help me.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 00:01
Try this, after placing a normal door, right click on it to bring up the properties, then press the DELETE key. In the editor it will look just like a normal (green block) door, but in game the door will have gone.

Scorpion King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 13:55 Edited at: 11th Apr 2008 19:24
Thanks homie! Well, I already know this from the manual, but with this the door frame remains. Only the dynamic part disappear.

Let me explain what I would like to do: there is the defult scifi corridor elements and scifi doors shipped with FPSC.

I would like to cut a hole with the format of the scifi "pentagon" style door in the wall wehere the scifi corridor ends.

This was what I tried to do in Segment editor but I stuck

Edited:
Well. I found an alternate solution. Not the best, but works: I found a transparent texture here, and I replaced the doors frame texture with this transparent, then I used the method You wrote.
Astro Chickster
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 16:57
You cant cut through corridor segments, i've tried.

Married with 2 kids... God am I tired!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 06:36:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 06:36:14