Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dbInk()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The documentation says that this determines your background color, as of right now I just figured out that the first Parameter determines the color of the dbText() output. I haven't figured out what the second parameter does. Anyone know?

Taco Justice
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 17:16
Ostensibly it sets the background color when you do a dbCLS(). I've never tested that, however, since I usually use dbCLS with a background color specified as a parameter.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Ghthor
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah well using dbCLS() works nicely, but it just bugs me that I"m passing dbInk() stuff and I don't know what its doing with it. It might be the background color for the text.

Taco Justice
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 23:25
But having a background on text both dangerous and useful. You don't always want a flat color background under your text. You may want to draw it over some part of an image. If you placed a background color along with the text you'd be blocking out a portion of the image. With the background, however, you don't have to worry about clearing the area under the text when you write over it.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 18:29
@Ghthor

I just stumbled on this last night. There's a function call that sets the background to opaque and one that sets it to transparent. I guess transparent is the default. AAR, they are

dbSetTextOpaque ()

and

dbSetTextTransparent()

That'll teach me to read everything.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
Ghthor
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea I knew about those functions, it still doesn't clear up what the hell dbInk() does with the second parameter. I'll test what this does and post back my findings in a bit.

Taco Justice
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2008 07:20
I'd think the opaque setting would cause the second parameter to become the background behind the letter when you output it.

Lilith, Night Butterfly

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:27:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:27:04