Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Character scale, why it looks so wrong sometimes....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 00:59 Edited at: 12th Apr 2008 01:04

In the picture above i set a test scene with the original FPSCreator WW2 Thug (left) and the same model with a different scale(right) along with some of the ww2 furniture on default scale. To me it always seemed that the fpsc character models are too small or the player camera to high when making my own models on a scale that fitted the regular segment translation. Lately i had a look at some characters FPE file and noticed this little line:

Why is that? from my test i'd say the character models scale is way to small related to the furniture. i changed it to 100 (keep backups, folks )and had a giant...so the truth may lie in the ninetys somewhere. Lucky enough we can feed the guys to grow to a proper size ...

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 02:22
So that means we don't need a camera ajustment mod afterall?

Cool!

My first animated Gif. Made in GIMP 2.
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 05:43
I always change my non-boss characters to a scale of 90. Like you said, 80 is too small, and 100 is too large.

daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 09:23
@orrion carn: it became "not lively important" but the freedom of setting the players height would still be a desirable feature in any future build of FPSC.

@Luke314fpi: Does that mean you set the size of enimies according to their role-in-game? Interesting thought since i only ever looked at the proportions of the models between each other....Does that give you any special effect in your games?

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:26:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:26:51