Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / HB 1.4 now free

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 08:53
Hero battles is now freeware - you can download here

Enjoy!
Bluestar4~

Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 19:19 Edited at: 12th Apr 2008 23:35
Is this the right board for this post?
Cool game. The way the setup works is great, although I have some questions about the gameplay:
How do you "change" your hero so you can control a different one?
Are there more places to battle in?
Also, the camera controls are really confusing.

"If you go too fast, you'll slip and start over, but if you go too slow, someone else will get there before you"-Sinani201
Kirby is in my avatar because he rules. Live with it.
Not_Maindric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 04:26 Edited at: 13th Apr 2008 04:27
Did not download it, but I google'd it, is it for Guild Wars?

@ Sinani
Are you the one who signed up for my forums? Or are there more Sinani201's out there?

Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 04:34
yes, it was me. Gmail rules!!!!

"If you go too fast, you'll slip and start over, but if you go too slow, someone else will get there before you"-Sinani201
Not_Maindric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 04:35
Lol, thanks. I am looking for people to join it, def. if they talk. =D

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 23:36
Quote: "Cool game.
2 How do you "change" your hero so you can control a different one?
3 Are there more places to battle in?
4 Also, the camera controls are really confusing."

Answers :

1 Thank you -
2 you don't : its turn based so that each character type goes in order of their agility - (snakes always move and attack first then spiders, giant heavy robots move near the end )
3 yes, try doing a battle with earthquakes turned on - this changes the scene.
4. perhaps a toggle button would have been better to simply switch between the various views. There is 1 default camera view , and 3 optional so far , the default view is slightly behind the current character, the left and right arrows looks at the character from the side view , and the the last arrow sets the camera in front of the character so you can see behind it. I added these controls in an earlier version so that it would be easier to target enemies and because when getting near the mountain it may be difficult to see whats there or target an enemy without using them.

I plan on updating the game again atleast one more time to fix camera bugs and add more goodies to it. ( I wont say what more I will add just yet , but am open to suggestions and requests )

Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 02:01
@Bluestar4
Thank you for answering! Another question:
When I want to play against my friend, I set them on different colors, but when I play, then end my turn, it's my turn again! and nor can I see my opponents on the map.

Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 12:24
@ Sianai

turns - as explained above, the one that moves first will be the characters with the highest agility. if your team takes all snakes
and your friend takes all robots, his turn wont begin until all your snakes have moved.
For your second question, use the full-custom mode and set positions for your team to 9 and your friends team to 10.
Here is why :
The map itself is fairly large, and on the quick setup player teams are placed on oppisite corners of the map which can seem a little annoying if your not taking a bunch of players so , what you can do instead of using quick setup is use the full custom mode.
In this setup mode you can take massive teams of the characters that you like(if you want an all snake or spider army so be it ! )

I should point out when taking the custom mode that there is no memory checking - if you only have a 128mb graphics card dont take the maximun amount of characters or the game may run slow.
I am pleased that you are enjoying the game.

ON a side note , does anyone here like joystick games or shooters that use joysticks ? I was thinking of making a couple games but wanted to see how many would be interested in such a game before I decided to start the project.

Also, A special thanks in this post also goes out to the mod (who-ever you are ) that moved my post to the right board. sometimes many hours in front of the pc can make you post in the wrong window

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2008 09:29
DO you have any screen shots of it?
It sounds cool but i don't really want to download until i have seen it

EotP! Click on it.
Bluestar4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2008 15:28
I took these this morning - you can create your own by clicking the middle button during gameplay

The online manual (incompleted at present) is avaialble here
I will be updating the online manual in a couple weeks to accomidate the features of the new version. New features of this version include a new custom setup option which allows for up to 170 characters to be in play at once and up to 16 human/pc players.
you can also now fully customize your teams to your liking.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:47:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:47:48