Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / QQ about mesh collision...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 06:47
I'm pretty confident in my understanding of the math behind sphere->polygon collision, but there's one thing...

I don't know which vertices are the ones forming faces.

Pretty simple question; I'll be poking around in the DX SDK doc. and opening a few .x files with notepad to see if I can find out how to find out which vertices are connected together in faces—at least in the .x format—though I'd also just like to know how to find that out from a mesh loaded into the game with DBP as well.. I'll search around threads to see how to get a handle to DBP objects; I remember seeing something about getting a pointer to the address of its data or what.

So that's it then.

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2008 00:47
Well, normally, each 3 vertices make a new face, but sometimes models use indice data. Basically, each 3 indices point to vertices which make a face

Image All
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2008 02:01
Ahh, I've always wondered what this "indice" wickedness was. Thanks much

The reason I knew that just going from tri-vertice-set to the next three was because
1) vertices are often re-used for different faces and
2) not all vertices are connected

now begins the hunt for getting a hold on these indices...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:40:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:40:43