Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / NPC walking in the floor problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay. My problem is that some character is walking in the floor. I mean that some character's foot is in the floor a bit after spawning, walking.

I searched up the forum for solution, and I found one posted by Darkfoll:
- set aiinit to appearnogravity.fpi
- set offy value to 25 in characters fpe file.

Now the problem is that this method no longer working. Characters walking in the air after spawn, and not falling down to the floor.

Probably the new patch disabled it. I don't know why.

Is there any new solution for this problem?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Apr 2008 20:10
Install V1.09 and use the raisefactor command.

Best.

Scorpion King
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi xplosys! Thanks your answer I downloaded this 1.09 patch and installed it.

In the post from I downloaded this patch I read this:

"Added 'RAISEFACTOR' to entity FPE fields to allow model to be raised to correct model alignments"

I checked the fpe file with notepad, but i found no raisefactor command. I added manually to the ;spawn section this: raisefactor=1.

I quicly made a test game, but unfortunately, nothing changed. The character still sinked into the floor. Maybe I did something wrong?
Captain Kirk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 12:31
I think this will work:

put this raisefactor command to the ;orientation section in the character fpe file. Give this command a value between 1-50. For example: raisefactor=5 You need to fiddle with it, because not every character works with the same value.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 16:50
Captain Kirk is correct. Depending on how deep your character is in the floor, you will need to increase the value. Picture the character being about 60 to 70 units tall. If the character is 40% in the floor, try a number around 40 to start and adjust as necessary. A value of one would not be noticeable.

Best.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:30:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:30:26