Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer Damage

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 18:32 Edited at: 20th Apr 2008 18:42
I'm really not sure where to put this, so I put it in here. I was curious to see if headshots work in multiplayer, so I placed 2 characters, added the headshot scripts, and changed it to multiplayer. I then built the game, and opened it twice.After I had two people in the game (both being me), I shot the other guy in the lag, only to learn that it killed him in one shot, and I know the weapon was set to 1 damage. I tried again with no avail. I exited both gamed and looked in the setup file to make sure that one hit kills were off. They were. Is this because the headshots are enabled through a script, and multiplayer doesn't let me support that, or is it something else?

EDIT: This still happens when the headshot script isn't on the character.

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 19:22
um... post in the bug-reports?

try making a fresh new game and changing the mode to multiplayer before placing any segments

Play the games the masters play: MKZn and 3-B promo

http://www.3bpromo.tk
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 20:08 Edited at: 20th Apr 2008 20:16
The ability to use scripts with entites was removed from FPSC in one of the more recent versions.

Also following that update FPSC multiplayer no longer supports dynamic entities therefore scripts / animations etc won't work.

Given that online FPS games like Call of Duty 4 have dynamic entities it's going to feel a little restrictive only being able to create a static universe for multiplayer games for the time being.

I'd avoid FPSC multiplayer completely unless it receives a fairly significant overhaul. Its one of the few areas which hasn't received any updates since its v1 implementation (except for some bug fixes surrounding player connectivity and taking features out).

It would be so cool if TGC updated the multiplayer side to give us something that was feature rich and a nice lobby style interface where anyone could join and see the different games being played and join them like modern online games.

Of course you would need to have downloaded the game executables for all those games to be able to join them but it must be possible to create more of a community feel to FPSC online gaming rather than 8 friends sharing a map which nobody else ever gets to experience.

I saw a note from Lee saying watch this space for some multiplayer updates coming to FPSC but no confirmed details.

Anway I go a bit side tracked there. The short answer to your question is that the headshot script won't work in multiplayer at the moment for said reasons.

Email Lee and ask for dynamic entites and scripting to go back in!!
I rep will
Years of Service
User Offline
Ugh your problem is so simple!

When building the game go to the "Arena" tab and make sure that "ONE SHOT KILLS" ISN'T CHECKED!

One shot kills can be found under the "Arena Settings" Section.

Please tell me if headshot worked, thanks.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
But the problem is that the players die in only one shot, even when one shot kills are off.

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.
I rep will
Years of Service
User Offline
well until i mentioned the one shot kill thing u never said it in ur first post.

Sorry but i don't know how to fix your problem

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:23:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:23:12