Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / I need some help fixing an error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 16:25
i was writing a code for the basics of a first person shooter when I got this error message

Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cmd.exe'.

I don't know how to fix it
I really need some help
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 20:29
Your project is a console app, and not a win32 app. Console apps run from the cmd prompt.

I'm not aware of a way to change an existing application from console to win32, although there may be a way.

I would make a noew project using the wizard provided, and then cut and paste the code from the original project.
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 02:20
Uh, yeah, I tried to open a template but I got the same error message-- I did what you said
Quote: "
Your project is a console app, and not a win32 app. Console apps run from the cmd prompt.

I'm not aware of a way to change an existing application from console to win32, although there may be a way.

I would make a noew project using the wizard provided, and then cut and paste the code from the original project.
"

It didn't work.......
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 05:49
There used to be a guy here that knew the settings of 2008 inside out and backwards - I'm NOT that guy (tempice I THINK was his alias - had a Llama icon) Anyways... I once STARTED COMPLETELY from Scratch uninstalling EVERYTHING DirectX, SDK, VS2008, GDK releated, and went through VERY carefully the installation steps... verbatum.. and then I got past that issue you're having. I know it stinks - but if all else fails... Clean the slate! (After you back up your Source code )

jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 06:15 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2008 06:16
Perhaps there is a problem with your template...what is the name of the template that you are using?

This is where you select the app type:

You must select Win32 Project, not Win32 Console Project.
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 17:37
Thanks for everyones help-- I figured out the problem.

Now, i feel like a complete dumbo because it turned out the problem was that I hadn't registered the visual c++.

Once I did that everything worked.

sorry.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 17:19:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 17:19:03