Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK.NET Documentations and Image handles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 01:35
Will ever be a complete documentation of every commands? Because I think that isn't a bit frustrating to try them all and watch what they do and what they don't do...especially for function arguments...Many of them cannot explain their meaning by theirself....

For example...What's the difference from LoadImage and LoadImageEx? Their arguments are the same...aren't they?

Another thing is....Does exist a function to load an image by memory handle?

Thanks to all...

Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 04:49
dbLoadImage appears to be the one that actually takes the texture flag while dbLoadImageEx doesn't take the flag. There must be some kind of aliasing going on there.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 06:36
In DBPro, there are three 'overloads' (string table entries) for load image, one for each function prototype. All three call the function 'LoadEx', which is an overloaded function.

Not at all sure why GDK does it, however.

You cannot use memory from Windows in GDK to load an image, but...you can make a memblock from an image, and then you can get the pointer to that memblock, if that is what you want to do. (Manipulate the image in memory.)
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 14:29
This architecture is not my favorite - I like the memblocks and the functionn get image to memblock, make memblock from image etc.. but you can only have 257 MAX memblocks but 65000+ whatever images (in theory).

257 is to low a number. I MYSELF wish I could copy image to pointer's location, and back to iamges and not use memblocks at all.

Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 11:05
Yoda - they are working on doc for GDK.NET and Im just sitting and waiting for them to release it

Niels Henriksen
Working on a (MMO)RPG right now in LightEngine (thanks kBessa): www.tales-of-the-realms.com
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 22:44
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 11:02
@jason - if Im standing I will just be tired before they launch it

Niels Henriksen
Working on a (MMO)RPG right now in LightEngine (thanks kBessa): www.tales-of-the-realms.com
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 13:36 Edited at: 25th Apr 2008 13:37
LoL

The MAIN reason I wanted it was for GUI "Ease" - I've already started my own from scratch - and I'm glad I did because I'll have full screen exclusive mode windows too when I'm done ... so... Onward MArch

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:26:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:26:48