Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / FPS.. Showing arms/hands holding the gun?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I've looked and searched everywhere but I can not find anything about loading a player model fps style which will show the weapon or gun along with the arms/hands simular to Call of Duty, Medal of Honor ect.

Does anyone have any example code or anything for this?

Thanks,
Chris
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 20:06
Attach the player model to the camera, then attach the gun to the player.

I don't need an oven to make my cookies.
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 20:16
Quote: "Attach the player model to the camera, then attach the gun to the player.
"

Lol, I am asking a question about the answer.... Well, anyways, how would you do that? Attach something to another thing-- I can't figure it out...
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 20:59
You may end up with some Z fighting by attatching the camera. However if you make a separate model of just the arms with the gun and use that on your client end, then position that at the right distance in front of your camera it may work better. It would also greatly reduce the player's poly count on the client side.

Just a thought..

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Use LOCK OBJECT ON, and then DISABLE OBJECT ZDEPTH on the gun - that's the easy way to do it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:22:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:22:22