Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / fps creator in browser

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
has anybody figured out if this possible
i think it might have to do with an activex control
but then i was thinking, how would the ip stuff work in arena mode?
if anybody can tell how this works, or if theres some sort of wrapper for it, i would love you!!
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 09:55
It could probably be done with IgLoader: http://www.igloader.com/

But since FPSC games start at 50 MB for even a single level game they really aren't suited for running in a browser window.

If you want to make FPS games for browsers look at the latest Unity or Director versions. These offer good browser plugins and far smaller file sizes.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm... I think XNA has something like that if you use it with SilverLight... I saw an article about it once.

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 16:57 Edited at: 24th Apr 2008 21:18
From igLoader website:

Quote: "Scalable architecture
igLoader scales. Through use of the Streaming, patching and branding functions the browser game is changing. No longer does a browser game have to be less than 5MB in size, they can now span Gigabytes. Titles normally reserved for CD or download only, such as AAA titles, can be downloaded and launched within a matter of minutes rather than days. igLoader will download, install and launch the files necessary to run the game and stream the additional content as play commences - simple!"

Also security for your games:

Quote: "Integrated DRM
The integrated DRM (Digital Rights Management) protects your applications from unauthorised copying and launches. igLoader encrypts your .exe files in such a way that it is not possible to launch the software locally, the software must be launched through igLoader and through the correct website for it to function. This functionality makes igLoader ideal in situations where games are made available to play through subscription or credit based websites. It also ensures the client visits your website to play thus increasing customer retention and advertising potentials."
innokid
Years of Service
User Offline
so it is possible
cool ill look into that ig loader

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:29:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:29:25