Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Direct X In Install

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I'm losing a lot of people wanting to play my game because they don't have the latest version of Direct X, and I feel bad making them have to download multiple files just play my game...

I know there is a "Redistributable" version, which says something along the lines of me being able to put it in the game install and it will download. I tried this, but it didn't work.

Does anybody know how to include the latest version of Direct X into a game install? And also, sorry if this is the wrong forum, I believe this could go in several of these sub-forums, therefor I put it in the most general.
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 23:02
Uhm yeah, put the EXE in the Zip/rar that they get them in...
Plazmeh
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, I guess... that's what I did at first, but I was wondering if I could put all the files that get installed with that .exe into the install; so they don't have to do that extra 1 second of work
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Nah, i'm afraid you can't, unless you want the user to have to navigate through their system folders to put the files in the right spots.

Davidek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 16:42
Man! Send me the link! I want to play your game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:29:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:29:38