Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Glory (ImpulseTracker symphonic / power metal)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 01:25 Edited at: 25th Apr 2008 01:26
Another unfinished tracker composition I found on my old harddrive from some years ago. It sounds quite good to me, allthough the monosampled instruments and 56Kbit/s encoding make for a pretty restricted sound.

I think this was one of the first full symphonic metal songs I tried to write with a tracker (full as in a more complete orchestra than before; there's even a choir in this piece).
I noticed whilst hearing it for the first time in two or so years that the tempo is a bit delayed on the timpani parts in the beginning... I don't remember whatever I thought with those...

Anyhow, feedback is welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Download Glory.

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 05:18 Edited at: 25th Apr 2008 05:20
i think this one is trying to do too much, rudolpho. there are pieces that don't fit with eachother. namely, the asian-sounding instruments introduced at ~ 1:36 (the lute-ish plucking, the flute, and the flute "solo" ~ 2:40) clash with the intro choir, which is decent, followed by the power metal. so, it's really 2 separate pieces to me.

as always, thanks for sharing. i enjoy hearing your work

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 23:20
I agree, the verse didn't fit in to well with the rest, but you could think of the first part as an introduction, or perhaps rather an overture.
The "lute" was the best electric guitar sound I could find at the time, and the "flute" is actually a horn, I think. I agree that the horn part doesn't quite fit in there and also that the following part is a tad too big of a transistion.

As always (), thanks for the comment.

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:15:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:15:36