Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 03:14
I have a question, but I don't know how to ask it.

You know, in those RPGs where you control a bunch of units of stuff, you can click and drag to select a whole bunch of them?

How do I draw that little box?

I don't need an oven to make my cookies.
RancidRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Is your Game 2D or 3D?

It is easy to do that in 2D, At least, I know it would be easy to figure out some way how to do it in dark GDK (i mean without using any other libraries)
e.g.
Get the mouse position, draw a rectangle or greate a sprite, Resize that rectangle / sprite with the mouse movement from the mouse's first coordinates (while the mouse is down). And then check if it is colliding with any other units(sprites);

3d is trickey, because there is no real relationship between 2d and 3d coordinates. You could try creating a box or plane and resize it with the moue movement. haha, im gonna play around with this...
Zuka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 01:01
Ok, I'll try the plane thing.

I AM THE ALL MIGHTY CORNHOLIO! Do you have TP for my bunghole?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 04:51
Quote: "Question?"
Can you say Ambiguous?

Zuka, please try to be a tiny bit better about picking meaningful titles for your posts so people can find them in searches

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:32:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:32:22