Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Unable to Start Program..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry about the double post I posted my previous question too early.

I'm getting an error "Unable to start program "C:\' etc etc etc" when I try to run a basic DarkGDK Game project (as per the tutorial). Please refer to the attached file showing the error dialog.

Using Visual C++ 2008 Express with the latest DarkGDK (installed today) on a Windows Vista Home Premium machine with the August 2007 DirectX SDK installed. 3GB RAM, 2.5GHz Dual Core Intel.

I'm assuming there's a compatbility issue with Vista but I haven't been able to find anythign specific.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 00:15
Quote: "I'm assuming there's a compatbility issue with Vista but I haven't been able to find anythign specific."

I have a vista and everything works fine-- I don't know what everyone else says.

I am not really sure of the answer- but I don't think there is any compalibility issues with vista-- unless my vista is a special one.......
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 03:06
actually, there might be another reason....

Have you ever moved around anything in your files for darkGDK?

Check your folder with the hello world thing in it, go to the debug folder and make sure there is an application file in it-- .exe--

Also, do your sample work? If they do-- darkGDK is fine...

~~Its not about what you know, its about how you figure it out.~~
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 07:40
What's with the word CygWin in that file path? You might possibly have mixed up C++ installs overlapping each other no? I dunno.. I thought cygwin was a gnu sorta dilly....

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 07:40
What's with the word CygWin in that file path? You might possibly have mixed up C++ installs overlapping each other no? I dunno.. I thought cygwin was a gnu sorta deal....

CrackpoT
Years of Service
User Offline
I got the same problem as you.

I'm using windows vista too..and i still not settled that problem.

Focus on timeless truth.
pneuma
Years of Service
User Offline
same problem here
also using vista

i have amd though

also, if I go into the debug folder and actually find the exe. it's not a valid win32 application

this happens if I compile one of the premade tutorial samples as well
I tried compiling a sample from the directx sdk and that works, so it's definitely specific to Dark GDK, not vc++, win32, or DX

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:14:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:14:17