Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Intellegent AI: where can i find it?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 10:32
Anybody know where I can find AI that is far superior in performance than what TGC gives us? Like... what sega used in condemned!

Resident Evil And FPSC- The World Would Be Chaos Without Them
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 12:53
I know... you can buy X10! I'm a genius.

Sarcasm aside, no, I don't think you could find AI that good. DL Airslide's AI, it's pretty good, but still not that smart.

Best.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 16:29
Quote: "Anybody know where I can find AI that is far superior in performance than what TGC gives us? Like... what sega used in condemned!"

Yes, in another product.

Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Dark AI is really good, but it is only in FPS Creator X10. I think it might be added to FPS Creator X9 soon.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 17:09
The AI which you might consider actually intelligent in other games, was written for that particular game, and that's how it knew to be smart. There is no canned intelligent AI to be found. If you want intelligent AI, you'll have to write it - or adjust it at the very least - for you particular game and it's circumstances.

Best.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 17:21 Edited at: 25th Apr 2008 18:31
In a drag 'n' drop interface you are somewhat limited. To provide highly configurable AI, you have to add another layer of complexity that detracts from what the product is about.

For example, I wrote a tutorial for DarkAI that included avoiding steep hills, and following the contours of the hill base. Same product, but I had to code the extra intelligence. Likewise, I wrote a rail game that used AI to locate then next goal. But I had to code the bit that made sure the carriage didn't double-back on itself. I also wanted to dumb down the AI to make sure it didn't always make the intelligent decision, which is difficult with an out-of the box solution. It was all done using DarkAI commands, but exposing them in FPSC would be very complex and take away from the simplicity that makes FPSC what it is.
5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "in the V1.09 betas i found when i downloaded them i got a file called DarkAI.fpi it is not all of darkAI.fpi but it does the job very well so give it a go works well for me don't know about other people."

I also found it. Its rather good. I posted about it here.

[IMG]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/g/banners/109.jpg[IMG]
Was cool kid
Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 22:04
its follow.fpi i thnk, or a similar one

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 00:40 Edited at: 26th Apr 2008 00:41
strafe10.fpi apparently
Looky here

[IMG]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/g/banners/109.jpg[IMG]
Was cool kid
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 01:34
As has been pointed out there is no magic AI script.Airslide's AI is the best of several AI that you can download off the forums.
Others include:
IntelligentAI (that's right...a member actually made an AI called that).
If you search the Scripts forum you can find them.
If you think that just because you have DarkAI it will solve all of your problems you are wrong.In x10 even with DarkAI you know what the enemy does?
That's right..when he or she spots you he or she...
RELOADS!
I still don't understand why the first thing an enemy does is reaload when he sees you.If I were expecting to use my firearm I know I would have it loaded.
Other factors include the amount of enemies placed in your level,your pc specs (you would be amazed at how FPSC performs differently on different pcs),your level design,entity placement,
and even the version of FPSC you are using.
The only way to get that "special" AI you are wishing is to either make yourself up a script from scratch or edit one of the AI scripts available.
That's how I started scripting.I needed a script for something so I took the closest one I could find to what I needed,made a backup copy of the original],and modified the script to suit my needs.
Basic scripting isn't that hard and Plystire (who myst love binary code) has made complicated scritps for FPSC...not easy when you basically have 0 and 1 to work with...just like in the old days...lol.
You can take FPSC and,just like the promos read,make a game in a few minutes and the manual even gives you step by step instructions on hwo to make your first game,etc.
If you want to make a game that screams you and make something unique it will require a bit more effort and dedication.

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 01:43
Quote: "Airslide's AI is the best of several AI"

Quote: "That's right..when he or she spots you he or she...
RELOADS!"

I had a modified appear script for that, too lazy to dig up the thread but all you really have to do is open up appear1.fpi and add "reloadweapon" to it at the right line.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 15:10
Quote: "Intellegent AI: where can i find it?!"

in your dreams

had 2 say it. Atm there is no great AI, but slowely and hopefully DarkAI will come in and that will be a big improvement. I dunno how good DarkAI is, not sure if its Modern Games Good but it cant be worse than what we have now .

But thanks to Airslide and some others who have made pretty decent scripts for AI

Free Webhosting = http://unlhosting.info --Send support ticket to get ad free
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 15:46
Quote: "

Quote: "Intellegent AI: where can i find it?!"
in your dreams"

in you're script bank, same goes for you Mr.makealotofsmoke.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:32:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 23:32:09