Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Mods, eh? Nothing but a bunch of...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 15:32
...amazing people who are relentlessly attempting to turn these forums around in the face of adversity and flaming. I know this is nothing new- we're all aware of the problems these forums are facing. But I think the mods deserve some recognition for their slaving efforts to make this a better community for all of us. After all, if they didn't, we'd soon find ourselves buried in flames, pointless threads and sensless noob slappings. So mods, consider this a thankyou from your [corny] humble fan [/corny] who is not just a muttering mental patient and does infact know where he is.

(Also, how ironic would it be if a mod locked this thread for being 'pointless?)

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 15:45 Edited at: 26th Apr 2008 15:48
NVM.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 15:48
I was almost expecting some very ugly words, judging by the thread title.

I, too, thank the mods for keeping this forum clean. If it wasn't for them, we'd be a sewer. (dirty, rotten people)

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 16:07
Quote: "I was almost expecting some very ugly words, judging by the thread title."
Worked like a charm.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 17:29
I was expecting a Duplex-style leave. He'll be remembered for years.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 17:30
I was ecpecting more than that belive it or not....
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Duplex-style leave"

Anybody who leaves in a cry-baby hissyfit has lost all my respect for them. If you want to leave, don't make a thread expecting trumpets to go off and people to praise you with joy and love. No. If you want to leave, go ahead, just don't go seeking attention before you do.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 20:11
Well, I think it's fair enough to say goodbye, but when people expect praise OR have a go at everyone just because we can't actually do anything about it, then they've lost my respect.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Depends on what kind of a goodbye. If it's "I hate the attitude here, everyone hates me, the mods suck" kind of goodbye, then it's good riddance from me. But if they just say " Well I'm leaving for a bit, or I'm leaving to do other things" it still is a small cry for attention but not as bad.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 20:51
To FredP and Uman, and Bond1 and Keith,
the seer's of all and the keepers of peace.

Who's mice are almighty, and clicks have destroyed
the ramblings of angry and silly young boys.

We raise up our voices, we cheer and we shout,
remembering all of the nuts you tossed out.

We know that you're working, you're doing your best,
and we really do hope that we are not next.

Cheers!

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 20:54
Whos Duplex.......ooh i remember he is that jerk who told all of us to screw off and then gave mods the finger well im glad he is gone he had no right to disrespect us or the mods

Punk13
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 21:53
EFX mod and Lemur v2 should both be completed in full and released.

Anything after that is a bonus and I pay my respects for both sets of developers for making them but lets at least get the final versions of whats already been advertised.

The only question now is will there be any other serious work done from whats been demonstrated so far or are these just stocking fillers until the finished FPSC v2 migration is complete.

Lee has big plans for FPSC with things like full support for terrain, improved multiplayer features and the tons of other features not included in the migration. I think he's probably quite confident his future releases will outweigh any mods in time.

Even if the mods have only served to prove FPSC has a LOT left in it and encouraged TGC to get a move on then it was worth it and the enjoyment people will get from them prior to the migration will be immense.
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 21:58
Wrong type of mod Nomad Soul

Punk13
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 22:02
Quote: "Lee has big plans for FPSC with things like full support for terrain, improved multiplayer features and the tons of other features not included in the migration. I think he's probably quite confident his future releases will outweigh any mods in time."

How do you know this?

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 22:05
It was in the old fps creator: What's next? thread.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 22:09
im going to hijack this thread

is batvink a fpsc moderator now, becuase hes been moding around here recently ive noticed.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 22:11
Nah, he's helping fred out, Bullshock has gone...(where is he?)
Keith is taking a break.
and Uman, well we dont know where he is either...maybe he went back to his hq to plan world dommination(just joking...or is it true?.)
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 22:14
Quote: "It was in the old fps creator: What's next? thread."

Just been over that thread and I couldn't find anywhere that Lee / Rick said full support for terrain, improved multiplayer features and the tons of other features. May be it's just me.

Oakley Design
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 22:39 Edited at: 26th Apr 2008 22:40
Quote: "EFX mod and Lemur v2 should both be completed in full and released.

Anything after that is a bonus and I pay my respects for both sets of developers for making them but lets at least get the final versions of whats already been advertised.

The only question now is will there be any other serious work done from whats been demonstrated so far or are these just stocking fillers until the finished FPSC v2 migration is complete.

Lee has big plans for FPSC with things like full support for terrain, improved multiplayer features and the tons of other features not included in the migration. I think he's probably quite confident his future releases will outweigh any mods in time.

Even if the mods have only served to prove FPSC has a LOT left in it and encouraged TGC to get a move on then it was worth it and the enjoyment people will get from them prior to the migration will be immense."

Well those are valid points, but I disagree with your definition of what a mod is.

EDIT: Ohcrap, I'm signed into my brothers account.(by pus in boots)

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 23:21
Quote: "and Uman, well we dont know where he is either"

Here as always, watching

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say now?"
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 23:32
Quote: "Lee has big plans for FPSC with things like full support for terrain, improved multiplayer features and the tons of other features not included in the migration. I think he's probably quite confident his future releases will outweigh any mods in time."

I would just like to point out that Lee didn't plan for multiplayer features. Urlforce gave him the code for Lemur's MP additions to have it put into the migration. Lee didn't plan for terrain or vehicles in the migration, either. He said that he hopes to GET there one day, most likely with the help of people in the community. He also noted that we may be able to see reasonable vehicles at some point.

He may be confident that the future releases will outweigh all the current mods, but guess what? That's probably because most of the mods are going INTO the migration and will be in all official releases from then on.

I just got an email from Lee saying that he thinks my thoughts about additions to FPSC are good ideas and he can see them as great additions to the engine. No doubt I'll be sharing my code with him before the migration.

Why would I share my code with Lee for free? So that I can maybe get my name on some portion of FPSC? ..... Maybe, lol. But really, I just want everyone to be able to have the best FPSC possible. I want people to be ABLE to recreate Perfect Dark, or any other famous FPS game. Yes, I know questions about Halo and whatnot are annoying and that they should come up with their own ideas, but that's not the issue here. The issue is that they are incapable of making those clones with this utility when they SHOULD be able to.

I want people to be able to make any kind of FPS game that they want with this. Most likely not as good as anything out right now, but this software is for fun, right? Let's have fun with it!

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 02:14
Quote: "Bullshock has gone...(where is he?)
"

Seqouia games has been under construction, I do believe he's busy with that.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 02:46
Any TGC moderator is welcome to moderate in these forums and their help is appreciated.
Also thanks to the members here for all of their support.

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 03:11
Quote: "Any TGC moderator is welcome to moderate in these forums and their help is appreciated."

Well we all know what happened the last time a MOD from a different section came in to these forums. There was some issues with that.

The thread title scared me as well lol. I was expecting some nasty words.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 03:33
Quote: "Seqouia games has been under construction, I do believe he's busy with that."

Hasn't it been under construction for a year or so?

[center]
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 03:44
Quote: "Hasn't it been under construction for a year or so?"

Really.

Nnnnngggghhhh....

HOW AM I GOING TO GET WCS NOW WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 03:54
I might be wrong but it certainly feels like it's been at least that long... or could it be that time moves more slowly on TGC forums

[center]
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 04:28
Quote: "Well we all know what happened the last time a MOD from a different section came in to these forums. There was some issues with that."

i can smell a typical forum relapse coming up.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 06:00 Edited at: 27th Apr 2008 13:30
mod edit

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 06:08 Edited at: 27th Apr 2008 13:31
Yeah, I have to agree with you. Duplex is actually a good guy

Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 06:09 Edited at: 27th Apr 2008 13:32
mod edit

http://www.whatispheonix.cjb.com
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 06:57
No, Duplex was a good guy. His random goodbye/flame thread made me lose my respect for him. Which was actually quite a bit. In the time he was here, he helped out the community more than I have (which isn't that much to be honest). And he had a good attitude. But anyone that posts those bull threads needs to have their account deleted IMO.
Slayer_2

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 08:08
Quote: "he had no right to disrespect us or the mods"

It seems that very few members around here have any kind of respect for others. Duplex happened to be one of them. (Until he lost his cool at the time of his last post ) But let's stay off that topic, okay?

This thread shouldn't even have been posted, it's just absolutely ASKING for topics like this to arise, irregardless of the posters intentions. I would agree with the mods if they decided to lock this before it got out of hand. We don't need it here.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 09:27 Edited at: 27th Apr 2008 09:29
Yo, i never said he was a bad guy all i was pointing out is he disrespected everyone ya i dont know him but what gives him the right to treat people like trash and spit in there face at the very end would you do the same thing? i didnt judge him i simply gave my point about his screw off thread and duplex if you read this dude, im not judging you i just feel disrespected, when did i or anyone else did anything to you. I dont need to respect you if you wont show me the same

Quote: "Hey, how about you shut the hell up"

and Inspire dont you DARE cus me out for exercising me forum rights
i have as much of a right to be say and express my opinions as you do. I Apologize for hurting your feelings but telling me to shut the hell up instead of voicing your opinions in a constructive argument. dude you went to fare. and i might be going farther but im not going to sit here and let someone Disrespect and embarrass me

Punk13
Cornett Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 10:27
Guys, guys, guys! Don't think war, think bar!

Ply's right, this thread is just asking for trouble; there's even confusion as to which definition of 'mod' is being referred to here! Satchmo, Punk13, Inspire, Slayer, and anyone else making character judgments, ALL of you PLEASE take this to IMs or email if you feel the need to go after each other that much. I'm not asking in place of the mods; I'm asking as a guy who's got a short temper himself. After the Lemur thread fiasco, the last thing I want is any other members of this community to have a six-month ban because they couldn't keep their tempers in check.

Trust me, I speak with experience on this one; a cooled temper will get you farther, on the boards and in life itself, than a hot tongue.

Gemstone Games is now Cornett Media
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 10:28
Well, I feel that it shouldn't have been brought up in the first place, let alone continued. What happened happened, and his post was locked for a reason. The discussion does not need to be continued. He didn't target everyone in his goodbye, just the people who have hurt him before. I'm sure it didn't sound that way, but no body goes around saying "I hate everyone!" and actually MEANS "everyone". There are always exceptions.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Cornett Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 10:34 Edited at: 27th Apr 2008 10:42
Quote: "Well, I feel that it shouldn't have been brought up in the first place, let alone continued. What happened happened, and his post was locked for a reason. The discussion does not need to be continued. "

I don't even know what the whole Duplex thing was about [EDIT: IOW, CG's comments are still up, but Duplex's were edited, so I don't know exactly what he said and thus cannot make any judgments], but I still agree with you. Too many people have been banned over the last two weeks for things that, in the grand scheme of things, weren't worth getting that much of a fire worked up about. If they had just taken the time to calm down and be a little more rational about the situations in question, they could have prevented their bans.

Gemstone Games is now Cornett Media
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 10:49 Edited at: 27th Apr 2008 10:53
Yo i dont want to get flamed or argue with anyone. i just stated my opinion
and out of the respect for Cornett Media and ply ill try not to get too p oed and start an argument that will get us all suspended
Punk13
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 11:53
CG did not call everyone S-bags. That's why it's not been edited.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 12:16
Quote: "they could have prevented their bans"

Could have, but that's what he wanted.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 20:53
...and this is why the FPSC forums need a little extra help from time to time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:37:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 23:37:34