Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / New, Need some direction

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone. I'm not new new to C++, but I still don't know a lot about it. Just the VERY basics. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out how to make a small demo. I created a plane in 3Ds max and I exported it as .x file. My question is, exactly how would I put this into Visual C++? I'm new, so if you feel like replying please be as specific as you possibly can.

Thanks!
Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 22:14
The dbLoadObject command will load it and put it on your screen...
There is a function list for DGDK located at Start Menu->Programs->The Game Creators->Documentation->Information ...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2008 22:20
Get the demos working that came with DarkGDK. that is a challenge in it self. Also there is a great C++ tutorial on http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

You need to dig in to C++ hard, and try to make little DarkGDK programs, that say hello, show a cube, load a object like your exported direct x plane. Get some basics down... then when your questions have a little "nonmenclature" (meaning you sound like you've given things a decent try) Alot of people will usually jump in to help ya out! So ... Pull up those bootstraps and dig in... we're around

Good Luck!

p.s.

Modified DarkGDK default application made to load a directx object... though your plain might not face right (thin side) so try a box or some other model first I modified the default wizard project for ya...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:28:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:28:16