Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 17:26 Edited at: 12th May 2008 18:58
If anybody is interested go here. (@ Black Draco Games - TerryC)

Key Features:

* Capability of editing not only FPI files but also FPE, FPS, TXT, and INI files.
* Highlighted keywords.
* Syntax checking.
* Keyword check.
* Multiple undo/redo.
* Special Inserts - Hud definition builder, FPI template, and build script line
* Multiple documents editor
* Find and Replace
* Save selected text to a repository file.
* Manage your repository files from within the editor
* Manage your script files from within the editor
* Print your files
* Full screen edit
* The ability to point the editor to your scriptbank path.
* Help
Lennard
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 21:42
It looks really powerful. Will try the beta for sure.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 05:45
There are several features that many may find useful. The images that are displayed in this post and the subsequent post is an example. After selecting a condition or action you can press the <F1> key and a slightly more detailed explanation of the condition or action will be displayed. This example shows the condition, "activated."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 05:48
If you noticed there is a button named, "Example." If there is an example given windows help will be displayed showing this. I am currently working on the definitions and examples. I will do the most used conditions and actions first.

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 23:39
FPI EditPad has been updated and is more powerful than ever. At least I think so.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 02:03
It is now ready for download. Again sorry for any inconveniences.

Now I know why I have retired from programming. I do love it but the more complex the more headaches and stress.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 02:04
Do I really need to register an account just to download it?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 02:46
It's free and it needs only your email address and a password. I already know your email address so what's the big deal. This gives me a chance to know who is using it so that I can send them updates as well as knowing how many are really interested.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 15:18 Edited at: 10th May 2008 18:13
At Black Draco Games,there have been over 300 views of my thread regarding this application and only 4 people have registered and downloaded the application. I am not sure why as this is the most comprehensive editor available for FPI scripting. It might be the reluctance to register. I guarantee that I will not sell or otherwise use the email address you give me for my personal gain. The only reason why I would like an email address is so that I can send updates to those who are seriously interested. However, once I find it to be acceptable for final release I will provide a download without registration.
JunckMAn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 17:25
Yupp. good thing. helps a lot to me newbie

And u didnt believe i was russian
Commandos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 10:51
This program no works eror "file hlpconditions.def is missing"

Travian is a browser game with a world full of thousands of users who all begin as the leaders of small villages.
http://www.travian.lt/?uc=lt1_1763

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 06:09 Edited at: 12th May 2008 06:10
Did you read the MUST READ FILE when you installed.

I have two directories with these files in them. One is called FPSC and the other is Ply's Mod. If you do not use Ply's Mod then move all of the files that are in the FPSC folder into the root folder of the program. The program will work then. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will be creating a setup file that only has FPSC conditions, actions and help because I figured this was going to be a problem. Then, if anyone has Ply's mod I can send them the files for his mod. Or just default the FPSC and have the Ply's in a separate folder.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 08:00
Hey it would be cool if you could offer the source with a strict licence aggreement for programmers like myself? Thanks.

DevilMouse Developments Lead Designer/Programmer/Developer
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 18:56 Edited at: 12th May 2008 18:59
@Sgt Rampage

I've thought about this already. Still haven't made up my mind though. Depends on how some things go in the near future. If I do this, I believe I would do it as an open source project so others who would want to be a part of that can add or update the code and still maintain the integrity of the initial program.

====================================

I have now made the setup program install everything so that it will run without a hitch from the get go. All the default files are in the same folder so that one does not have to move any files from one folder to the other. I have added a "repository" file folder with two files included as an example. You can add your own by selecting the text you want to save as code snippets and then click on the "Save selection as ..." option under the File drop down menu.

Until further notice the "free" version will not include any examples of the conditions/actions that are found in the help file. I am currently working on creating these examples.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2008 00:49 Edited at: 14th May 2008 01:37
First, I have an announcement. With the help of xplosys and Conjured Entertainment, we are going to try and make an extensive help file available which will include examples and images when appropriate.

Also, I am making some major changes to keep with the idea of this being a dedicated fpi editor. This is not included in the current version and install; but will be a later version

However, if you would like to see my first modification you can click here. It is reply #66
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2008 08:05
Good luck. I really want the source though. I just need to know how you colored different commands. You could just tell me if its too much bother for you to put up a download...

DevilMouse Developments Lead Designer/Programmer/Developer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:35:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 23:35:20