Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / snake cam/tension in games...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey. For anyone who has played the rainbow six games you know about the snake cam. For those of you that dont know is a tiny camera that lets you see through the cracks in the bottem of doors. I`ve always thought this forced the player to strategize and add some tension to the gameplay. I want to achieve something this effect. I am NOT, repeat NOT asking for someone to make/tell me how to make a "snake came", I just want to achieve the effect of tension and allow the player to strategize. I have tried placing windows before everydoor but it just doesn`t seem to work. Is there a way to limit the distance from which an enemy entity can see, right now when I look through the window the enemy snipes me, even from behind a box. Any ideas?. Repeat this is not me asking for a snake cam this is more of a creative thing rather than technical thanks.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 03:19
First off, READ THE STICKIES!!! Second off, why in the world is this in the showcase?!? I think you need to get more used to these forums before you start posting threads asking for help in the wrong place. Also, You'll find that most people would rather you did some research and tried it yourself for a while before you come on here asking for help and informing us about all of Vegas 2's features. And try a story-zone in front of the door with a movie of you using a snake cam or something.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 03:22
This needs to be moved...

twitchy 624
Years of Service
User Offline

sorry. I didn`t mean to post it in showcase.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 04:40
We're humans, we all make mistakes sometimes. Just e-mail a mod asking them to move this to Product Chat.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 21:43
Just ran a little tes (best ten minutes of my life ever wasted) and I found out that to make the enemy not see you through windows, simply go into the window's properties and set it to "static". Also, set the window's health to 0, making it invulnerable to damage. (Although if it's static, that shouldn't be a problem.)

YOUR WELCOME!

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 00:08
moved from showcase

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say now?"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:28:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 23:28:40