Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / SC problem, planes with holes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having some trouble getting Sparky's Collision to work for a certain condition.

In my game, an object(.x file) moves down a tunnel and encounters walls that have holes in them. I import the walls as .x files created with Blender.
Obviously I want the object to stop when it hits the wall and to keep going when the object goes through the hole and doesnt touch any part of the wall.
I found the SC_DrawObjectBounds() methods and now I can see that many lines go across that .x plane, covering up the hole I am trying to pass through. I have already played with the 'faces per node' value. I am currently setting up the walls with SC_SetupComplexObject()

What happens is the object seems to go through the hole without any problem but then gets caught at the last moment/pixel it seems.

So I'm dealing with two problems right now:
1. Even when touching the wall, the object goes too far and passes through the wall and doesn't get stuck until you can't see it anymore(it's on the other side of the wall already).
2. The wall with hole is treated as one solid wall.

Does anyone have any suggestions to work this out / work around it or if it is even possible to setup an object like my wall with SC.

Any information is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:16:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:16:03