Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AirMod - Scar Firefight Vid

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 07:03
I'm sorry. I must make a new thread for this. It is just to awesome to contain. Behold Errant's SCAR assault rifle with ironsights and...well, you get to find out. And it ain't a seperate weapon

SCAR Firefight Vid w/AirMOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isGqfUt1TM0

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 07:19
That is sick is it included with airmod?

ThanX
Punk13

[url=http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/jakepunkx13/toldv5.jpg[/img][/url]

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 07:20
5/5

Awesome work there, man! Was very fluid and looked like a lot of fun.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 07:27
Looks great, Airslide. Can't wait to test this out for myself!

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweet dude

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 07:43
I'm going to guess that the alternate feature is rifle whipping. Now to actually watch the video

After video response: WOW! Even better then rifle whipping! This could let you make rifle whipping, under-barrel grenade launchers, a knife attack like MOH: A/COD4! Man, hurry up and give us a taste soon

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 07:44
lol Nice Very well done
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 07:48
That was the coolest thing I've ever seen in FPSC. It was running so smoothly, just blood amazing. And ironsights!

Great job man.

9999 out 9999 lol

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Brilliant.

The speed tweak on the move anim looks to work really well. To be honest, I'm a little torn over if you should be able to switch modes durring a reload. It's good gameplay but does spazzy things with the model.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 08:51
Always take bug fixes over gameplay IMO. I'd rather have a ho-hum bug free game than one that spazzes and crashes 24/7

[img]
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 11:14
great work.........if this got added to version 2 that would be so awesome

Victory Is Imminent
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 14:48
I think AirMod and Plystire's v1.07 mod should both be implemented into v2. Then FPSC games could hit the roof in sales.

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
American Infantry I agree with you on that..
Quote: "I think AirMod and Plystire's v1.07 mod should both be implemented into v2. Then FPSC games could hit the roof in sales."
both are AWESOME!! I will be buying both. keep up the good work guys.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 17:24
Quote: "I'm a little torn over if you should be able to switch modes durring a reload. It's good gameplay but does spazzy things with the model. "

Oh, yea, while recording I did that on accident, even though it's not supposed to work. Shouldn't be hard to keep the player from doing that, just add a if gunmode <= 100 before the switch code (as gunmode 101 is where the shooting code is handled and the reloading is somewhere above that).

Thanks for the comments. You will all get it in good time

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 18:45
Wow, nice, I like....
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 19:10
Good job. A realistic fight. This is starting to look more like expensive commercial games. There are some really talented people here.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 22:22 Edited at: 29th Apr 2008 22:23
Quote: "Oh, yea, while recording I did that on accident, even though it's not supposed to work. Shouldn't be hard to keep the player from doing that, just add a if gunmode <= 100 before the switch code (as gunmode 101 is where the shooting code is handled and the reloading is somewhere above that)."

Ok (sigh of relief).

Quote: "a knife attack like MOH: A/COD4"

How does that work? I've never played either and am too lazy/low bandwidth to surf youtube.

As-is, flak alt-fire modes work well. Have to wait and see how robust the alt-fire system will be. It's pretty crazy already. You should see the gunspec file for that SCAR. It's a monster (a beautiful monster).
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 22:41
Dude, this is absolutely sick.

Reminds me of CoD4.

Excellent work to the both of you.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 22:52
Well, in MOH: A you can press "f" with the MP-40 and your guy lowers his gun and swipes with a knife. In COD4, you do the same thing, but every weapon has a knife attack, not just one of them. Also, how does the ammo work for the SCAR? Do you pick up grenades and bullets separately?

Quote: "You should see the gunspec file for that SCAR. It's a monster (a beautiful monster)."
PUURRRR!!! I'm glad to see you supporting such a cool and free mod EAI.

All we need now is weapon swapping and Airmod integrated into Plystires mod Not to much eh

[img]
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 03:06
@ EAI: What other weapons (besides the ones in your thread) are you working on?

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 03:16
I sure hope these are higher quality weapons then Model Pack 5's. I think with the new mods coming out, FPSC can handle it. Hopefully.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm glad to see you supporting such a cool and free mod EAI"

It brings too much to the table for me to ignore it. Actually this is the most fun I've had messing with FPSC in a long while.

Quote: "@ EAI: What other weapons (besides the ones in your thread) are you working on?"

I'm working on M249 SAW right now, A.I. I also have an oldschool Colt SAA revolver (using AirMod's shotgun reload system) that I was chipping away at before getting into these latest SCAR animations.

Quote: "I sure hope these are higher quality weapons then Model Pack 5's."

I'd hope so. (Nothing but love for JF)
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:17
Yes, hopefully, we'll see it REALLY go to big places with V2...
A SAW, eh? Sweet, Always loved them. Hopefully these new weapons will give TGC even more encouragement to add Airmod into V2.
MP5 was really brought down in quality by its hands. The actual gun models were pretty sweet though.

[img]
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:31 Edited at: 30th Apr 2008 06:41
Are you going to add more animations for the other weapons for this also?

Edit: I'm about half way into the firefight vid and I was wondering if you guys are going to add a stock butt to the SCAR. Yah know, like Halo melee action.

My first animated Gif. Made in GIMP 2.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:55
@Orrion:

Technically speaking, if you want Halo, then just make the alternate action a melee attack.

Regardless of what you want, you'll need to reanimate them yourself. Or, find a willing modeller to reanimate everything for you.

I think that's one common misconception people have about these sort of additions. They think that everything is going to be done for them. Like the alternate firing. The stock guns don't magically do different stuff.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 06:58
No no no, I was just wondering what other features they're implementing, what I mean't was are they going to include a stock butting attack when your unable to re-load but the enemy is so close you just have to melee him.

Needless to say, I haven't even played Halo 1 or Halo 2. I've only played five minutes of Halo 3 MP with some friends (A blast).

Sorry for the misunderstanding Ply.

My first animated Gif. Made in GIMP 2.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 07:06
A melee attack would probably need yet another method of alternate firing. The current method works by switching mode, like COD4's or BF2's rifle grenade launchers. I'm seriously considering doing a COD4 style knife thing though (setup by the user of course) where you can define a weapon that you pull out automatically when you press a certain button. Problem is, right click is already taken by zoom and iron sights, so I don't have alot of default choices that don't require adding a new key.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 07:07
Well, a butting attack by any weapon, it would need to be animated or things will go wrong with certain guns.

I'm not sure if Airslide has the ability to make the alternate fire a melee attack or not. Would be a good thing to have, though.

(BTW, I wasn't necessarily including you in the common misconception. )

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 07:10
I have to comment again.

That was the greatest thing I've ever seen done in FPSC. I've never seen game play like that. It's great to see FPSC being taken to the next level.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 07:13
Melee alternate fire should be possible once I get all the alternate settings for raytracing setup. Currently alternate fire can only be flak, it will require a bit of additional work to set it up with raytracing for normal bullets (though should pay off, like say a shotgun mounted on an M4, one of Errant's ideas).

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 07:14
I have an idea Airslide! Use the MOH: A style and use "F". It's actually quite good. Or even better, middle mouse button click (everyone has one).

[img]
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 07:50 Edited at: 30th Apr 2008 07:52
Quote: "I'm seriously considering doing a COD4 style knife thing though (setup by the user of course) where you can define a weapon that you pull out automatically when you press a certain button."

That would be an ideal method if the button thing can be worked out. IMO it would go against the high concept of FPSC to force onto the game developer any speciffic melee weapon. User specified would be perfect because the combinations would be many and help developers tell their own stories as opposed to just copying what's out there.

As for butt-stroking (sounds wrong), It's a sketchy prospect for the majority of my rifles due to optimizations in how they are built. Same goes for retrofitting MP 9/10 stuff to include all of AirMod's fantastic features. I'll try to have new, compatable versions for the most popular weapons but there's only so much I can do in the time I have. Will I make enough AirMod enhanced weapons to make a game? Yes. Will there be buckets and buckets to choose from? Not right away.

Be it through migration, merger or as stand-alone mod. When AirMod is ready for a major release, I will do what I can to see that new gunspec.txt files are available to MP9/10 owners who want to see some fresh life breathed into the weapons they already have.

Sorry, Airslide for the borderline hi-jack.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 07:51
Or, having an olden day beretta, and stab people with the knife on the end of the rifle!

Idea for you if you haven't already done it.

Field in gunspec.txt:

alternatemode=X

Set X to 0 for no alternate mode, 1 for flak, 2 for regular bullets, 3 for melee.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 14:23
Quote: "Problem is, right click is already taken by zoom and iron sights"

Perhaps you could make clicking the middle mouse button (the scrolling thing) ironsights and right-click is melee?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 14:43
Or, you could make another mapped key on the keyboard as the alternate firing mode swapper. (For melee alt-fires, I think it should auto do the attack then go back to regular fire mode immediately)

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 17:34
This is hilarious, we're discussing how Airslide should implement new features, for FPSC

[img]
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 13:12
I wish that that view would be on all guns with no scopes...

DevilMouse Developments Lead Developer
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 13:32
Quote: "This is hilarious, we're discussing how Airslide should implement new features, for FPSC"

Right now, it's pretty much an understood concept between the modders that Airslide is modifying code pertaining to weapons. (Understood after V1.05 of Ply's Mod when I put in the dual-wielding) Nighthawk is doing shaders and graphical stuff. And I'm expanding on the scripting capabilities of FPSC.

So, it's not very surprising that I'm suggesting things for Airslide.

Quote: "I wish that that view would be on all guns with no scopes..."

When he releases AirMod 0.6, you can always go reanimate all of the guns to support the iron sights. I'm willing to wager that everyone would love you for it.

The one and only,

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 17:38
Yes, but it's FPSC Features. It's just too cool yet funny

[img]
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 21:50
If you added all those features in one mod, you would have a product worth more than fpsc itself, I would certainly buy it.
Quote: "Right now, it's pretty much an understood concept between the modders that Airslide is modifying code pertaining to weapons. (Understood after V1.05 of Ply's Mod when I put in the dual-wielding) Nighthawk is doing shaders and graphical stuff. And I'm expanding on the scripting capabilities of FPSC.

So, it's not very surprising that I'm suggesting things for Airslide. "

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 22:42
Quote: "I would certainly buy it."

Great, now connor may have plans for selling it...
just joking, keep it up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:37:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 23:37:03