Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / sight distance

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a way to affect the distance from how far away an enemy can see you?. Not the view cone angle but the actual distance and how aware they are of you? Right now I am working on a somewhat cover based rainbow six style game it just loses the whole sneak and snipe gameplay sense when an enemy sees you from across the room THROUGH a crate. Thanks
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 08:02
Get V1.08. Enemies can't even see through dynamic entities in that.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 10:31
In the entity's AI script, you can use a "plrdistwithin" and "plrcanbeseen" combination, so if they do see you, they won't react unless you are within a certain distance.

If you're clever enough you could also combo those with a raycast to determine if the player is hiding behind an entity.

Also, this should belong on the script board.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 00:07
Quote: "
If you're clever enough"

Yeah... IF. Making the entities static should put an end to that problem. (that static can do it all, eh?)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 02:18
I'm pretty sure the plrcanbeseen takes dynamic entities into consideration, but they might be able to sorta see around it if you're just a bit offset from the crate's position.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:37:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 23:37:16