Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / NUMBERS a simple puzzle game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 01:40 Edited at: 1st May 2008 15:12
Hi all,
I have just finished making a simple puzzle game.
The most difficult part is scripting the rules of the game in English for attached document because I am not native speaker.
Does anyone help me to translate the attached doc from Japanese to English?
Well, indeed the rule is not that complex so just download from the link below and have fun!!

Note:There was a critical error in version 1 and now it has been fixed. So please download v1b from the link below.

http://maglog.jp/showa-omnivorous/index.php?module=FileLoad&action=Load&mid=23819&cnd=0&fname=7000029814000uf.zip

p.s. if you have any comment, please visit my blog. Here is the link.

http://www.gedo831.blogspot.com/
Gedo831
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 01:43 Edited at: 1st May 2008 15:26
Here are a couple of screen shots.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2008 05:13
Looks interesting What is the general objective of the game? (just a sentence or two)

Gedo831
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2008 19:26
Objective is to erase boxes by putting togather.
"2" disappears when more than two "2" boxes are lined, "3" disappears when more than three "3" boxes are lined....
Hmm... hard to explain in English. I am not native speaker. Soryy.
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 02:13
Well, the instructions as far as I could see:
Quote: "The goal of the game is to connect boxes of the same number/color by dropping them down on the other blocks. The number on the block indicates how many blocks of the same number you need to stack up. If a box has a "3" on it, you'll need to connect 3 or more of those blocks to make them disappear. If a box has a "5", you'll need 5 or more.

If you manage to connect enough boxes together, they will disappear, scoring you points and adding to all boxes that were connected to the boxes that were removed. If there was a box with the number "2" on it, it will change to "3". The result of this change can cause combinations that will score you even more points. Do note that a "6" will change in a "1".

Blocks cannot 'float'. If underlying blocks are removed, the blocks above the removed blocks will fall down. This, too, will yield you additional points and can be used to create combinations for even more points.

Also, it's important to know that blocks with the number "1" can not disappear by connecting them. The only way to remove these is to change them in a "2" by removing adjacent blocks.

Every now and then, a bottom row will be added, pushing all the blocks upwards, towards you. You are game over if the middle row reaches the point where your block is inserted on the board. If a block is pushed of the top of the board in any row, it's value is duplicated by 10 and substracted from your score."

Got 21070 on my first go. Fun game, although the music can be repetitive and blocks should 'click' faster. I accidently moved well-placed blocks, thinking I was already controlling the next one. Besides that, great concept, great fun.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Gedo831
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 06:04
Thank you for descripting the game rules, tha_rami.
And thak you for your advise!
onkypokey
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking sweet!
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 07:48
No problem, Gedo. I'm contemplating writing a little about this in a feature on indie arcade games in my game magazine .

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 11:28:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 11:28:25