Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / installation issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am attempting to install the Dark GDK and am having some issues. I have C++ 2008 Express installed, as well as the latest DXSDK 9.0c. I'm running WindowsXP and am an administrator. The installer lets me agree to the terms, choose a location to install and begins installing. Then I get a popup (with "Try Again" and "Cancel" buttons) that states:

The cabinet file 'product.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with the package.

Clicking Try Again appears to work, as the popup goes away and the progress bar moves a bit more, but then the popup returns. Eventually the popup stays, no matter how many times I click Try Again. I've re-downloaded the .msi several times, all with the same results.

Any ideas?
Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 00:25
Maybe the installer does not extract the files properly...
You might have a different version of DXSDK installed than DGDK requires... DGDK wants the August 2007 SDK... Do you have aug.2007sdk installed?

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~
Nofan
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm getting the same problem. I installed express '08 on my windows vista SP1 machine. And getting the exact same problem. ??

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:14:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:14:16