Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Wanted: Single player features in multiplayer game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 05:12
Does anyone know of a mod or script that will allow things like physics, AI, and other things that are available in sp to be used in multiplayer?

It only looks like I know what I'm talking about.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 06:11
Dynamic entities are capable of being implemented into an MP game. There's a workaround for it, somewhere on these boards. Has to do with swapping between MP mode and SP mode in the Editor before building.

The only drawback to doing this is the dynamic entities aren't synced between computers, so a box or enemy could be in one palce doing one thing on your computer but doing something else on another computer.

The one and only,

Dark_Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 14:46
So it is impossible to sinc them?

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 01:31
What are the restrictions at present with Multiplayer maps?

I remember Lee saying in an update not all that long ago AI scripts and dynamic entities has been taken out.

So if theres a work around we can have dynamic entities but no AI for them?

What about doors and lifts and such?

Damn you Lemur v2 devs. You could have been somebody, you could have been a contender
Dark_Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 02:46
@Bloodhound: No its not. This is not a request for features. This is a question about workarounds or mods.

@Nomad: What? I don't understand what you are saying.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 02:59
Yes, at the current moment it is impossible to sync the dynamic entities between computers.

No, this doesn't belong on feature creep because Lee said himself that they won't be doing anything to MP (Outside of what's been contributed by Urlforce)

The restrictions ot MP maps without a Mod stand as thus:
- No teams
- No dedicated servers, must be run as a host
- The only mode of play is Deathmatch
- Many people have the "waiting to join..." issue, and it's not been fixed, so there's like a 50/50 chance it'll work on your machine.
- You can only have a max of 8 players in your MP map at a time.

Dynamic entities have not been in MP since the beginning to my understanding. There is a workaround to it, but the dynamic entities will not react the same between computers since entity movement is not broadcast to the people playing. This means if you have a door and someone opens it, it will not open on the other computers and will look like the person went through a closed door.

Don't blame the Lemur devs. There were too many drawbacks to way things were going. We split up and it was for the better. I guarantee you that if we had stuck together, we wouldn't have all the nice Mods out right now, and the new wepaon capabilities of AirMod wouldn't have existed, nor would my own mod which now has the possibility of vehicles and whatnot. Urlforce may or may not be working on something, last I heard he was but he's been living life and probably doesn't have as much time to dedicate to a Mod that Airslide and myself do.

The one and only,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:35:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 23:35:35