Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Build errors when using DarkPhysics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 18:57
Hi all,

This may be a nooby question (I apologise in advance!)...

I'm working on a simple demo and everything was going well until I added dbPhyStart( ); to my code... it's within void DarkGDK ( void ) and before the program loop. I've included the #include "DarkPhysics.h" header at the top of prog and all the headers/libs seem to be in the correct directories and tagged within C++ 2008. Just to let you know, the GDK samples compile okay and I have followed their format.... i've only added the header and dbPhyStart(); LOL!

anyway...the linker error i'm getting is:

Main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl dbPhyStart(void)" (?dbPhyStart@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl DarkGDK(void)" (?DarkGDK@@YAXXZ)

if i rem out the phystart command it compiles ok.

cheers for any help... i'm not new to DBPro but am to C++.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 22:54
LOL....

I have a fudge... works for me, someone said its wrong but it WILL work for you!

In the Project Properties, under LINKER->Input There is a area for "Additional Dependancies".

Place the FULL PATH and FILENAME to your DarkPhysics.lib file... IN QUOTES!!!!! ... and life will be good again!

fallingb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 23:26
Cheers Jason,

I'm getting the following errors now:

1>------ Build started: Project: Game 1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>DarkPhysics.lib(EngineSetup.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance
1> Creating library Debug\Game 1.lib and object Debug\Game 1.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCMT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __malloc_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(xdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __free_dbg
1>libcpmtd.lib(stdthrow.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __CrtDbgReportW
1>Debug\Game 1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://i:\DBPro_C++\Game_1\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Game 1 - 4 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped

Same as before, if I rem out the phystart() command it compiles fine.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 23:32
I think you need to now exclude LIBCMT.LIB or something.. search for linker errors in this thread or google darkgdk linker error.

fallingb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 23:36
Jason, i think i've fixed it....

LIBCMTD, msvcprtd, atls, libcpmtd

needed to be added into another box within the same section. Still getting a few linker warnings but the program is atleast compiling so that is a step in the right direction.....

Thanks again.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 23:38
Yeah - I get warnings galore... but... runs

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:20:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:20:07