Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / access violation in memcpy.asm

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
for some reason, i get an access violation then it goes to this Line in memcpy.asm:

here is my function with Memecry. Well, i'll just post the whole code.

Hopefully someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 21:04
Well... hopefully someone can help you. The error message - or troublesome assembly code line is actually not the problem, but the commends you didn't list above it that are setting up the source and destination memory addresses that memcopy is copying from and too. One of them... is no good, or the buffer isn't big enough... most likely the destination... though Windows I think MAY throw "exception" for reading RAM that isn't "YOURS" as well. With MemWrite... it most certainly does.

My GUESS is your *Temp needs to not BE NULL but Set to someplace for the "copied memory to go" Try Temp = getmem(sizeofsourcebuffer); or use the "new" command on a char buffer pointer type...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:19:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:19:28