Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Can't run without something .dll Need help Please.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I created a program using Dark GDk In the Program I loaded some .X files So I assume the reason why they can't run it is because they need a specific Version of Direct X installed am I correct if So where can they download it and what version do they need.?

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 04:19
DGDK requires the August 2007 DXSDK ... Newer versions could work too but I have heard of a bunch of problems when people didn't use the correct version SDK...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~
Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah so how does the average Joe download it does it come with a normal version of Direct X? I mean to play Myst 5 End of Ages you must download at least direct X version 8 can I do something similer? If yes wich version would work best?

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 20:10
Microsoft Update should in theory allow them to just install the latest DirectX 9.0c install.. I don't know the link.. but in your SDK, if you grabbed the "redistributable) you have it and can distribute it with your game... for people who already have it.. its 2 seconds for it to realize it.. otherwise a couple minutes max I think.

Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 20:46
Wait... Can you not see the stuff? OR Can an end user of your product not see the stuff?

To my understanding to an end user should have the latest version of DX9 runtime and the developer if using DGDK should have the August 2007 DXSDK...

Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
They are not programers well some are not the ones that are do it as a career but never have done graphics or games. One does web sites the other is a self contracting Programer he has done games in the past. Any way I got what I needed hopefully I have yet to hear from them if it worked.

Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 07:45
Hope it works out...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:28:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:28:36