Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / No Texture in dbo-World

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey @ all!

I'm German and my English is not good!
I've a problem. I have build a world in 3D World Studio. I exported it to a dbo-File. Then, I've loaded the dbo into a game, but I couldn't see the Textures. Everything is white! But my Texture is in the same folder like the dbo-File. What's wrong?

Thank you in advance!

Paul
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2008 19:45
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 02:03
I'm not sure if this guy got help?

Are you using the textures from 3DWS (*.stf)? They only work with 3DWS, not DBPro.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 02:13
Good point jenzai.. But you can screen shot them (take pics) and reapply as png or whatever

Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 02:29
Quote: "But you can screen shot them (take pics) and reapply as png or whatever "

But maybe Paulfred would like to know that in the other thread...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~
Paulfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello!

@jinzai: Oh, OK!
@jason p sage: I've tried this, but it didn't work. I looked the dbo-World in an editor, and there was the name of the texture: brickwall01a.stf. So, I can't reapply my file!

Another problem. I want a pk3-File, but I need a bsp-File. I haven't got a bsp-File, only a map-File. How can I convert the map-File to a bsp?

Thank you!

Paul
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 14:41
I meant make your own "versions" of the textures.. tedious I know... but then go back into 3dws and retexture your model ... suckx... but best option you have I think

Paulfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool! It works! Thank you a lot!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 18:46
YAY! Do we get to see a picture now? I wanna see I wanna see LOL

(Only if you want to show it)

Paulfred
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh! I've a problem again! I've put the texture on the wall of an example of 3dws. There it works. Then I built a new world and put the texture on this wall, but you can't see the texture in the game! There is a problem with 3dws, I think! Please help me!
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 03:59 Edited at: 7th May 2008 04:00
When you export the DBO, export it straight into your game's media directory. The textures will also be put there. They need to be in the same directory as the DBO.

About your other question, the utilities to make a bsp from a map file are q3map2.exe and bspc.exe, but where did you get the map file from? (That is where the bsp compile should take place, unless you exported it using 3DWS. In that case, I'm not sure, but maybe Valve's Hammer is the tool for that.)

You can get the other two from id as part of the Quake III source code download. You will also get the map editor from Quake III in that. Its called GtkRadiant.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:17:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:17:53