Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Shader Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all,

I have been reading up on Dark Shader and I like it however I do not have the money to purchase it. Does anyone know if Nvidia's FX Composer can be used for Shaders?
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 06:43
I think you can use NVidia.. but you'll want to also try RenderMonkey.. and note... each I THINK makes HSDL (name of the "language" shaders are written in.. kinda C++ and Assembly language'ish ...

The trick is you need to know enough about HSDL to debug and tweak the shaders you make so they "work" in DarkGDK.. its not that DarkGDK is overly tempermental... you just want the shader to be able to talk to DarkGDK and vice versa... so sometimes variable names matter etc.

That's all I can tell you. ... though you will want to scope out the DBPro forum on shaders as there are many... AWESOME threads on it and the same stuff they do to get shaders working in DBPro applies here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:21:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:21:33