Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 2d collision 3d

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 21:19
I was wondering (this is entirely wondering at this point, not actually gonna do anything with it) wether it would be possible to check for collisions between 2d objects above 3d objects. For example, in 3d RTS games, the box u draw to select something isnt 3d, its a 2d sqaure drawn on top, and all the 3d objects that hit that are selected.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 21:26
You would have to devise your own mechanism to do such a thing...... It's probably doable in the sense that you could get the desired look... but you'd need to think out of the box because it's like expecting two enemies at war to sit down for some tea and biscuits between battles.. for good conversation.

Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 01:12
I remember your exact question being answered in another thread although that thread is probably a little old by now...
I think for your specific square box collision with 3d objects need, you should make use of the dbPickObject or dbPick Screen commands to get the 2d box's 3d world position and use dbIntersectObject or something to check for collisions...
ANyways that's my suggestion...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:12:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:12:15