Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / I want to make a DarkPhysics command

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I have heard from someone in an older post of mine that "...you will have to wait for the 'make cloth from object' command", and in that discussion I was asking a question reguarding the cloth commands in DarkPhysics. I want to make my own command like that, using the DarkGDK and the PhysicsGDK that I have. I am a total newbie to making DBPro commands, and have never made my own.

My coomand will probably look something like this in DBPro:
Make Cloth Object Object Number,Cloth ID (cloth properties)

The cloth properties will be the same as for regular cloth in Dark Physics, but I want this command to convert an object (native to DBPro, and custom (from the 'load object' command)) into a cloth object, so it can be made into clothing, or so you could possibly have a sphere, react as cloth to another sphere, like a ball getting rolled on, and deflating when the other (non-cloth)object rolls over the cloth sphere.

How is this done?

Thanks!
Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 07:34
So... are you gonna make the command... or are you asking someone else to make it for you?

I'm no expert but if you don't have DarkPhysics, then I'm guessing you've got some serious physics coding to do... I don't really know what is in DarkPhysics but if you wish to make a command like that, maybe some DarkPhysics built in functions will help...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~
Tri Alliance
Years of Service
User Offline
No, actually I am just looking for tutorials and any help I can get (since i'm a noob) on making commands for dark physics. But in more detail, I would like it if someone could write a PhysicsGDK tutorial with information on how the cloth commands are set up in the Dark Physics GDK.

I want to make the command, I just need some help, because I've never coded anything in Visual Basic, C, C++, or Java. I am still learning to code in Dark Basic Pro. I do have Dark Physics.

Thankyou for the reply!
Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 07:04
Quote: "I've never coded anything in Visual Basic, C, C++, or Java."

If you haven't done that before, then before you make your own command, you should probably read up on some beginner C++ tutorials... cplusplus.com offers some good ones... Also if you ever look on the VC++ Start Page you may have noticed a new free e-book for C++ beginners available...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:20:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:20:17