Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Possible to make commands out of GDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 15:23
Hi, is it possible to make a dll thingie out of a code written in dgdk and add it as a plugin to DBP?

For example something like this:

Then save as a dll and add into user-plugin.
Then add keyword "make object teapot"

Well, something like that.
I hopy you get what i mean.

I dont use D GDK but i want to know if it is possible.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - please limit it to 600 pixels by 120 pixels
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 18:31 Edited at: 6th May 2008 20:10
I can almost guarantee a conflict in that scenario.
You can just call DBPro functions from your normal plug-in after setting up the linkage to the functions.

Refer to Zotoaster's post for the how to....
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 23:17
Yes, but that was not what i asked for.
I want to use DBP commands inside GDK and make it a plugin for new commands.
Possible?

Dont delete my sig mods, it is 600X120...
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 06:18
No offense to either you or Zotoaster, but those are not terribly good ideas in the first place. I also don't see how either way would work...at all.

In Z's case, you can't just load up a DLL and start calling functions without knowing the function prototype. That is why I typedef them. You can call a DLL's function by ordinal value, but there is ALOT wrong with that, not the least of which is the fact that the vendor is free to change the order they are exported, which would wreck the code completely.

In your case, you are asking to use what is essentially DBPro already, and hammer in a function to DBPro, while at the same time doubling your resource requirements before you've done anything at all. Why would you not already use DBPro for that? I use DBPro from my plug-ins alot. It works great. My prototypes even look like GDK already, they just have a very late binding.

If I am talking out of school, please enlighten me as to how its better to go the long way around the fence, and also...how would you even accomplish that? I'm honestly stumped at why this way is not the answer for both of you?
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 12:42
Quote: "In Z's case, you can't just load up a DLL and start calling functions without knowing the function prototype. That is why I typedef them. You can call a DLL's function by ordinal value, but there is ALOT wrong with that, not the least of which is the fact that the vendor is free to change the order they are exported, which would wreck the code completely."

Well, i am not really into DGDK and DLL's but i just wanted to know, thanks

Dont delete my sig mods, it is 600X120...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:21:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:21:05