Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Hey Some Simple questions please responed...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey With Dark GDK they gave an example of a first person shooter they called Dark Dungeons. Well For the level they used strings and char. for the X and Z axis below is a little code clip

Couldn't I take that and then make a floor2Y and do the same thing for another floor that you can climb up to?

Then There is another Example of Space invaders they gave. Wich would be easier to take there code and change it around adding new guys and main guys or just use there code as a visual example but type it from scratch?

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 20:42
I don't know... but that's a pretty slick "Cheap" way to get a level going! Brilliant! LOL... nothing new.. but effective!

As for making a "2nd" floor, I don't see why not, but making it so you can SEE both simultaneously and have it work right will require you to REALLY understand how they are building these levels and how the player and bad guys "work" so that you can stay in the "confines" of the currently "working" game.

Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
K now what about the Seconed Question go to where the file The Game Creaters is located enter it and then go into dark GDK File then go to Tutorials then enter the folder Dark Invaders Then Open the solution and look at the code. Would it be easier to take there code and add new enemys and some main guys and new weapons or to just look at there code and write my own from Dark GDK Scratch?

The quality of what a man gives without seeking anything in return shows his integrity.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 03:44
Easier to tweak existing code.. do both easy way first... learn from it.. then if you feel brave... write your own!

Dragon Tiger Wolf Bald Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank You

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2008 06:01
Your welcome... dont forget to back up first... then you can make a change, one at a time if necessary, and see the cause and effect .. that REALLY helps ya "get" what's REALLY going on.... at first somethings you think will work like THIS but after some playing.. you learn how its really working, and that kind of lesson is invaluable!

Good Luck! Do I get to play your modified Space Invaders?!?!? I promise if you get it working.. I'll try it and give you my two cents

Have fun! Most important!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:26:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:26:20