Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A Model FPSC Ready?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, I have searched but didn't find anything. I have a full sci-fi creator that I created and wanted to get it ready for a free release. I have it exported as .x so that is all ready. My question is the DDS files. While I have edited them before and switched what the default character looked like I never made a model from scratch. Now that I have this model ready to go and exported to the right format, how do I create the DDS files? I know there are programs that save the file format but how do I create it to make it work with FPSC? If I have to create the DDS file my self I guess I am confused on the full layout of the image? Is there a DDS creator that takes your image and saves it as the DDS? Sorry if this is a bone head question, I just couldn't find any info on it and wanted to release a character.

Thanks in advance...

TJ

Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 05:12
I have never used dds files, but I have read here in the forum that if you are using tga format FPS Creator will convert it. I don't know how.

What format is the texture right now?
Of course you uv mapped the entity, right?

If you did just convert the format that you are using into a dds file. I use Gimp for that process.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 06:05
When FPSC loads any image in for use, it will automatically generate a DDS file for it (Unless, of course, the image was already in DDS format)

Don't worry about it and just use whatever image format you feel to be necessary.

The one and only,

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the response guys. Basicaly I have a scifi creature I created and have it saved as a 3d. I than imported the model to milkshape and exported the .x file. So now that I have the .X file I guess I am confuded to what to do next making this work in FSPC. Sorry it this is a noob question as this is my first Model I ever created.

Thanks in advance.

TJ

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 22:01
Download "make entities from xfiles" wich can be found at www.fpscreator.com
There you can load animated characters etc to make your entity, this is the program that TGC used to make their models ready to use in FPSC I think.

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 22:55 Edited at: 10th May 2008 23:20
@BIG Viking Games

Funny thing. I went through the entity maker and it created an invisible character... LOL Did I miss something? It also turns everything black. Is there a good tutorial on creating a character using this maker? I have a gun chasing me around with no character LOL!

So far I have done this. I created the character and exported to 3ds.

Thank I imported the character in Milkshape and exported the .x file. Than I run it through the entity maker and all works fine but when I load the file in FPSC, it turnes everything black and looks like the gun is chasing me around with no character. Maybe this will help on what I am doing wrong.

TJ

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 23:36
With entitymaker you mean the one from FPSCreator.com?
If you search there should be a thread wich tells you how to make your own animated character.

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "With entitymaker you mean the one from FPSCreator.com?
If you search there should be a thread wich tells you how to make your own animated character."

Yes. I will search now.

Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 08:26
Quote: "Basicaly I have a scifi creature I created and have it saved as a 3d. I than imported the model to milkshape and exported the .x file."

Did you animate the creature at any time?
Because if you had your creature in 3ds format to start with then just converted it to x format is not animated, because 3ds format does not support animation.

Quote: "Thank I imported the character in Milkshape and exported the .x file. Than I run it through the entity maker and all works fine but when I load the file in FPSC, it turnes everything black and looks like the gun is chasing me around with no character"

somewhere around in between softwares the texture is getting lost.

Maybe when you created your character in milkshape 3d, you loaded the character then loaded the texture and it looks in the screen like it is alright, but unless you don't click assign button, it will not do it, maybe you forgot to push assign button, then you saved it and exported it as .x file, if that is the the texture is not been carried over to the x file. This happens to me sometimes.
Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2008 21:11
Yeah,BVG missed the point that youhave too ANIMATE your character

good luck

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:30:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 23:30:29