Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Net Games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 19:21
I was looking at the information of darkGDK in the documentation folder when I saw that you could make net games. I have a few questions about them-

1. How would I do this?

2. If I set that when you join you control the character with the arrow keys. If I do this and there are 6 people, can they all control their characters with the arrow keys, or will they all move at once, and screw it up?

3. How would I set it so that I could set that the first player that joins goes over there, the second player that joins goes somewhere else, and the third player that joins goe somewhere completely different?

I have so many question, and any other useful information about net games would be helpful. I am hoping to get a game posted that I created and make it a net game so many people could play it. Thanks!

~~Its not about what you know, its about how you figure it out.~~
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 23:20
Make a chat program first... Don't use the built in Net commands, scope out Benjamin's MultiSync...

Beware, you are getting into REAL DEVELOPER territory!

programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 23:38
I looked at it, and it was for darkbasic, and why not the built in Net commands, what wrong with them?

~~Its not about what you know, its about how you figure it out.~~
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 00:34
1: Direct Play not supported anymore I hear

2: Sometimes it causes router problems

3: Not TGC's fault - Microsoft Dropped it... no guarantees.. put effort into something you can roll out to people without to much trouble!

Options: MultiSync (By Benjamin), Rak-Net - I heard its cool but complex, WinSock.. Right to the source.. big learning curve.. but WinSock is already installed on everyone's machine as it's part of the OS.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:21:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:21:48