Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Debugging error!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i try debugging but then this shows up! can some1 plz help me ASAP!!! cant even get going on creating a game without being able 2 debug

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 07:18
I'm not exactly sure what your problem is but DON'T POST 3.57MB BITMAPS! Either link the image or attach something WAYYY smaller, like a png or jpeg...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 07:38
change #include "DarkGdk.h" to #include <DarkGdk.h>

The error window tells you right away that it can't find the include file.. line 8... which is where from that screen shot I figured is your include....

Make sure visual C++ can find the DarkGDK.h and make sure it has DarkGDK.lib or whatever its called either as part of your C++ "search lib's" or include it implicitly in projects->linker->input->AdditionalDependancies...

there you put whole path + filename in ... in quotes: "c:\blah blah\blah\DarkGDK.lib"

3megs for a screen shot is a bit much... I agree... take a moment in the furture to save as a png or something... jpeg... And...what's the rush? LOL... You won't finish a game in t-minus-10 seconds.. you could of used this waiting time to google Visual C++ linker errors, how to set up the thing... I know I sound "dad'ish" right now.. but... relax.. you haven't even started yet! Wish you wonderful success.. and I hope to see screenies - (png of course) of your progress making a game!

Allen#21
Years of Service
User Offline
where am i supposed 2 find this stuff? i just dowloaded it yesterday so im new 2 this.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 16:44
LOL - Welcome and glad to have ya... Start with that little white window at the bottom of the Visual Studio Editor..

The error message in your screen shot explains the error with usually a hint to what's going on. It says in your screen shot it can't find DarkGdk.h .. so.. do a computer search for that file.

Do some googling... there are alot of posts to peruse in this forum... and... frankly.. Microsoft wrote the book on Visual Studio... ... Each "solution" has a project (or more) and right clicking the project in the "tree view" brings up a menu ... "Project Properties" I think... look there.. a dialog will come up with a ton of options... don't go changing them unless you need to... but get familair at least a bit in what's there, how to navigate it... etc. This is important... and will be more important over time..

Hang in there .. Rome wasn't built in a day.. and frankly ... it never linked This will take a bit to get started! HANG IN! PLEASE!

Allen#21
Years of Service
User Offline
i found solution and it works!!! thank u 4 ur help!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:26:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:26:25