Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Animated UV Map

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
many people have probably asked this question before but I am struggling to find any simple answers.

I am using Blender to design 3d objects. I have created a conveyor belt and UV mapped it with a still image.

However I would like to animate the texture that goes on the object and be able to control the animation in the program.

I am exporting to .x format.

Any help is appreciated.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 14:02
dbScrollObjectTexture()

rmlloyd
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks dark coder.

This is almost what I want, however, checking the help it states 'The scroll effect is permanent.' which is no good for me.

What I really want is an animation such as .avi or .gif.

The UV layout is like the one attached. I also need to rotate the cogs on the conveyor belt as well so animating the UV is a must.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 16:56
I personally found at least in one case, I got better results using dbScrollLimbTexture.. and to do it.. I made a tiny triangle for my object... I loaded a skydome, made a mesh from it, than added this mesh as a limb to my triangle... then I textured it.. (turned culling off.. is was a sky dome with normals facing wrong way..) then used dbScrollLimbTexture().

It was a while ago... so I forget the why... or if I just found the dbScrollLimbTexture() command first... (which is a possibility) LOL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:23:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:23:43