Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / animation of models in FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, I'm new here.

I need some help with my cowboy game using FPSC. I created the 3D models with animations using "Milkshape", and exported them using "Entity Workshop". In my FPSC folder, there are also the relevant files for my models: ".bin, .dbo, .fpe, bmp image, .dds, .x".
But when I test the game in FPSC, the animation of the models does not work. Have attached a copy of my files. Can anybody help solve this problem?

Thank you!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 19:00
Many problems..

1. for characters use "MakeEntitiesFromXFiles" you can find it at ww.fpscreator.com..

2. Ever looked at the FPE from enemys?
The fpe tells where the animations loops etc..

Sample:

3.Set the frames to the list of animation so FPSC can find them..
There is somere a list of animXX = duck etc..

Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 20:04 Edited at: 12th May 2008 20:12
Welcome to the forum.

Problems with the .x files:

1 There are a lot of flipped faces in your alien model, you need to go back to milkshape 3d and flipped them, then save your model again and export it to .x again (see attached pic)

2 You didn't export any animation in either one of the 3d models.

Problem with .fpe file:

1 The fpe that you created is for static models, not for animated.

One more suggestion, get rid of the .bin and .dbo files, they are useless. It would also be a good idea if you learn to uv map your model, they look so much better.

Is your alien gonna be shooting weapons like everybody else?
Is he going to be an enemy?

Keep posting your progress so we can help you.

Attachments

blump
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. Thanks to Programador hispano for showing me where the flipped faces in my alien model are!

Can I ask what does it mean of "You didn't export any animation in either one of the 3d models."? Because I did the animations for the models then export them using the DirectX (JT).
And "The fpe that you created is for static models, not for animated."?

The alien model is not going to be shooting weapons, just that, if the player shoots it, points will be scored.

Thank you to Dark Jaguar Flame too!

For "Set the frames to the list of animation so FPSC can find them.. There is somere a list of animXX = duck etc..", does it mean that if I replace the numbers e.g. '912,941' with keywords e.g. 'idle', the animation will work in FPSC?

*And if I import the milkshape models into 3DS Max then export it into FPSC using Panda DirectX Exporter. Will it work for the animations to show?

Thanks a lot for replying to my post!
Programador hispano
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 08:52
Quote: "
For "Set the frames to the list of animation so FPSC can find them.. There is somere a list of animXX = duck etc..", does it mean that if I replace the numbers e.g. '912,941' with keywords e.g. 'idle', the animation will work in FPSC?"

here is the list

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=68083&b=21

You can try this setting to export the animation, except for the number of frames (animation range), that has to be according to your animation. see attached pic.

Attachments

blump
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok Thank You!

May I know how to export objects in 3DS Max into FPSC as entities for use?

While using PandaXport Tools(plugin) inside 3DS Max to export objects, an error: "Don't know how to save to file type" occurs everytime and does not export the objects into X file format.

Why does this error keep occuring? Please help me out. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 23:28:23
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 23:28:23